Robbery At Coopers BBQ in Junction!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robbery At Coopers BBQ in Junction!

After a 3-day work weekend at our new lease in Sonora and living off sandwiches and oatmeal bars, I was anxious for some decent food on my way home yesterday. I pulled into Junction, needing diesel and saw a Coopers BBQ and had to fill up both tanks (truck and mine). Ordered 1 lb Sliced brisket, 1 lb pork ribs (was taking some home to family) and a side of potatoe salad and beans with a large drink: $41! Proceeded down I-10 and started sampling.........WTH am I eating??? The brisket had to be the absolute worst I've ever had at a "restaurant" and I've eaten at Dickey's twice! The pork ribs were not far off, but at least edible. Sad thing is people traveling Texas stop in there for "Texas BBQ" a get something my dog wouldn't take!

It's hard to beat the original Cooper's BBQ....the 'satellite' locations like here in Austin are not even close to the same food quality.

Comment

That Junction Coopers isn't affiliated with the one in Llano and, yeah, it's pretty terrible.

Comment

Next time go down the road to Lum's BBQ in Junction. Better food and prices.

Comment

I hunt in Junction, and never thought that that place was a real Coopers. My tip for anyone looking for food in Junction is the McDonalds or Pilot.. ha ha.

I only know of Coopers in Llano, New Braunfels and now Austin. Had the first 2 and they were both really good.

Comment

Been hunting that area for 8 years and even the locals will not eat there.

LWR2

Comment

I don't think that place has anything to do with Coopers BBQ. I went there once and couldn't finish a chopped beef sandwich. Terrible BBQ, possibly the worst I've ever had. Next time go S of 10 a mile or so and eat at Lum's.

Comment

Lums is way better.............

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  That Junction Coopers isn't affiliated with the one in Llano and, yeah, it's pretty terrible.

This

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yep, been there done that....but only once

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                      This right here.

Comment

Originally posted by sboudreaux View Post
                        Yep.

Comment

I prefer LUms also

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                            Lums is way better.............
                            MmmHmmm, yup.

Comment

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                              Sums it up

Comment

Working...
                              X