Restoring plastic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Restoring plastic

I have bought several types of plastic color restore and none of the worked, but I tried a magic eraser that my wife had under the sink and started scrubbing
    before
    after. I just wet the eraser and scrubbed then wiped dry and waxed the plastic I think it looks pretty decent compared to what it did look like

Looks really good.

Comment

Heck yea. Gonna do this to my Kodiak 400 tonight. Get a new seat cover when I can and it'll look new again. Thanks for the idea.

HG

Comment

That is a lot easier than what we did.

We took a heat gun and heated the plastic in small areas. It will being the oil to the surface then we polished with some type of plastic restore.

Thanks for the heads up.

Comment

magic eraser contains bleach which can dry out the plastic over time and make it become brittle. My wife used armor all that you use on cars and it brought out the color on my arctic cat 4 wheeler and it lasted for about 6 months before we had to redo it, cheap and easy.

Comment

I tried the armor all with no luck.

Comment

Try Wipenew it works really well and lasts for over 2 years. It will make that plastic look brand new.

Comment

Wow. Good job

Comment

303 marine protectant. Armor all will deteriorate the oils in the plastic, 303 will restore them.

Comment

Originally posted by HFDSwasta View Post
                    Try Wipenew it works really well and lasts for over 2 years. It will make that plastic look brand new.

Did you actually try this?

Comment

x2 on the 303

Comment

good to know, thanks

Comment

Working...
                        X