Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At work. So I'm not seeing much sux. Good luck

Comment

brazoria county here. not hunting today my brother meateater saw a young 8 and young 4 yesterday he is giving it a go right now.i missed a boar yesterday then he ended up charging at me on the walk out!

Comment

In Oklahoma nothing doing here

Comment

Originally posted by mgbuff View Post
          brazoria county here. not hunting today my brother meateater saw a young 8 and young 4 yesterday he is giving it a go right now.i missed a boar yesterday then he ended up charging at me on the walk out!
          Scary stuff right there!

My #1 deer is still nocturnal. So I hunted my other place. I ended up pig hunting ALL last night. Check out my other thread for LDP's

Tapatalk rocks!!

Comment

Nothing but crows on my place in Trinity Co.

Thinking seriously of heading to Academy for a light weight climber and hitting some of the National Forest. Surely I can get far enough in there I can't here the neighbors talking or smell their breakfast

Comment

http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=238195

Crazy fun!

Comment

i got to hunt yesterday morn and even saw deer ! first came a buck at about 60yds in through. i grunted but he didn't even flinch. then an hour later a doe HERD worked their way through a dry swamp at about 80 yds. i was hoping they would meander to my salt lick but the two biggest does DECIDED TO START BOXING !!!!!! it was the craziest thing i ever saw after standing up and smacking each other in the head for 3 rounds they started moving away and pulled their 3 youngsters with them. right behind them were another doe/fawn . dand wind changed on me and they got a whiff and bolted ! good opening day though in my opinion. just let them try that within 30 yds !!!!

Comment

4 of us are hunting in Grapeland TX....we have not seen very much at all.

I shot a doe yesterday evening, but I made a bad shot, and feel terrible about it. The moment I released my arrow, one of the doe that was walking behind her, stepped on a deadfall that caused a branch to fall (super windy), just as I released - she lurched forward - and it appeared that I hit her right behind her lungs.

I crawled though the trees for 2 hours, until she finally stopped bleeding, but never found her. That is the first deer to have ever lost.

I was so mad at myself, I dreamed about it last night.

HOURS and HOURS of practice leading up to the moment, and now I am so very disappointed in not making a clean kill.

Comment

Deer are chasing does in Liberty county. I shot an 8pt Saturday evening and my Brother in law shot an 8pt Sunday evening.

Comment

I hunted Sat & Sun mornings in Marion Co. Saw some good does and a spike, but I wasn't able to get off a shot at any of them. They showed no interest in corn, the acorn crop seems to be better than I anticipated.

Comment

Grayson Co... Hunted Sat/Sun... Could have killed 5 does. Cant talk about what else I saw, it was to dang far away to get a shot.

Leaving for South Texas on friday for an invite hunt with my middle son. Landowner needs a ton of does gone asap. Really looking forward to that.

Gonna head out of work shortly to get back on the stand at the house tonight, to hopefully see that thing I cant talk about again. Not that Ive actually seen anyting...

Comment

I don't know how it is else where but for the past couple of days in Sansaba I sat and watched a ton of deer and not one was worth shooting. The lack of rain has left the deer in very poor shape. I saw several does that in any other year would of been shooters but this year they are so skinny. You can count there ribs and see there hip bones, sad indeed.
                          Saw quite a few 6 month old spikes and nubb'ns along with 3 late spotted fawns, Did not see a single branch antlered buck.
                          I am afraid that with out some rain soon we are going to be in for a winter die off.
                          The pigs we saw seemed to be in just as bad of shape. We killed a couple that basicly had no hams or back strap to speak of.

Comment

Originally posted by Zookeeper View Post
                            I don't know how it is else where but for the past couple of days in Sansaba I sat and watched a ton of deer and not one was worth shooting. The lack of rain has left the deer in very poor shape. I saw several does that in any other year would of been shooters but this year they are so skinny. You can count there ribs and see there hip bones, sad indeed.
                            Saw quite a few 6 month old spikes and nubb'ns along with 3 late spotted fawns, Did not see a single branch antlered buck.
                            I am afraid that with out some rain soon we are going to be in for a winter die off.
                            The pigs we saw seemed to be in just as bad of shape. We killed a couple that basicly had no hams or back strap to speak of.
                            Same exact report from my uncle in San Saba. Said they all look like baby deer. He is very concerned. Now they did kill 2 pigs and he said they were fat and happy. Go figure.

Manwitaplan

Comment

Working...
                            X