Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #1
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default Got called pos office because a typo.

On the way back to the office my buddy and I noticed a zero turn lawn mower that appears to have batwings. Neither of us have ever seen one so we decided to turn around and get the make of the mower. As we got closer we both noticed it was a Hustler brand mower, which we have never heard of. We go back to work and after a couple hours curiosity gets the best of me and I have to know how much one cost, so I get on the Internet and type in Hustler. I immediately get a message saying website blocked and thought, man this place is ridiculous on what we can and cannot look at. About an hour goes by and my boss calls me into his office and IT is in there, he says we need to talk about my Internet searches and I was like OK. He asked if I have been trying to look at P05n on company computer and I said heck no. He said has anyone else been in your office, Ummm not that I am aware of and my computer was locked. He said well, then how do you explain the hustler search? I sat for a minute and then the 15 year old boy in me busted out laughing. I explained to him what I had done and they were both like yeah right. Just at that time the mowing crew was about 100 yards from my bosses window so he grabbed his binoculars and checked it out his self. We all laughed and I was told to be careful what I search LOL.

Just in case you were wondering the mower is over 20K
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

and there is a typo in the title....dang it, not my day
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:00 PM   #3
froghunter
Pope & Young
 
froghunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bryan
Hunt In: anywhere
Default

Saw a kayak in front of the "best pawn" in town. I asked Siri to google that name and website.


She googled best po*n website.

That was a fun day and I no longer use Siri.
froghunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:03 PM   #4
Outlaw_6
Ten Point
 
Outlaw_6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: DFW Area
Hunt In: LA and "The H"
Default

That's funny.
Outlaw_6 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:05 PM   #5
westtexducks
Pope & Young
 
westtexducks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: San Angelo, TX
Hunt In: Where ever I can.
Default

typing in "hustler mower" would have probably went a long way towards helping your case and probably wouldn't have been blocked. Sound like me parents they can't use a search engine to save their lives.
westtexducks is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:06 PM   #6
hunt3469
Ten Point
 
hunt3469's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: DeKalb, Texas
Default

Wow, sounds like you work for some big wigs lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hunt3469 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:10 PM   #7
Rubi513
Pope & Young
 
Rubi513's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: Walker County
Default

Your boss has binos in his office, yet is concerned about what you are looking at? Interesting...
Rubi513 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:12 PM   #8
Bowtech38
Ten Point
 
Bowtech38's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Belton
Default

The mower is a super 104. Its a 104” cut mower, place i work at has sold around 20 of them its a mowing sum gun. The new efi model is almost 30 grand
Bowtech38 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:15 PM   #9
El Viejo
Pope & Young
 
El Viejo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Formerly Mission, now Irving
Hunt In: Where ever I can
Default

Years ago I collected Hot Wheels cars. I typed in the words "Hot Wheels" and what I got was definitely HOT, but had very little to do with wheels.

My son mentioned something to his brothers & myself: "Guys, whatever you do, do not look up cockfighting on the internet!"
El Viejo is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #10
Playa
Pope & Young
 
Playa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lubbock
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Your boss has binos in his office, yet is concerned about what you are looking at? Interesting...
Valid point
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 08:21 PM   #11
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Your boss has binos in his office, yet is concerned about what you are looking at? Interesting...
LOL yup
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:06 PM   #12
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

Haha!! Got the same working a claim in the office looking up prices of redhead hunting gear! Redhead.com doesn't take you to Johnny Morris !!'


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Slew is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #13
NewBallCoach
Four Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Palestine
Hunt In: Elkhart and anywhere someone will have me
Default

That's the best story I've heard in while lol.

I work at a school, probably would have been fired that incident
NewBallCoach is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:14 PM   #14
Pope & Yum
Eight Point
 
Pope & Yum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: rockwall
Hunt In: Right now lets go
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slew View Post
haha!! Got the same working a claim in the office looking up prices of redhead hunting gear! Redhead.com doesn't take you to johnny morris !!'


sent from my iphone using tapatalk
lmao!!
Pope & Yum is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:20 PM   #15
PVDT
Eight Point
 
PVDT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Your boss has binos in his office, yet is concerned about what you are looking at? Interesting...


My thought exactly.
PVDT is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:29 PM   #16
Kingfisher789
Eight Point
 
Kingfisher789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Austin. Jim Ned Creek
Hunt In: Tivydale. Nix. Brownwood
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtech38 View Post
The mower is a super 104. Its a 104 cut mower, place i work at has sold around 20 of them its a mowing sum gun. The new efi model is almost 30 grand
Don't get smart with us !
Kingfisher789 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:47 PM   #17
Randy
Pope & Young
 
Randy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Centerville
Hunt In: 20' up a tree in Leon County
Default

Reminds me of a friend of mine who had a small computer company called
Best IT Solutions.

One time the company name got printed in the phone book as Best its, but without the space.

Said they had a number of folks calling daily looking for the best fake boobs.
Randy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 09:53 PM   #18
cantexduck
Pope & Young
 
cantexduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florence,Texas/ Willamson
Hunt In: all over central Texas
Default

I was looking for a local place that sold dudes shoes. Buddy said to try d I c k s sporting goods. Care to guess what popped up on google ?
cantexduck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 10:28 PM   #19
fox1
Ten Point
 
fox1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: East Texan by birth but spending all my time in Okl.
Hunt In: now accepting invitations
Default

I was working remote off of a wifi card and tried typing in Basspro but fat fingered it and didn't type in the B before I hit enter.
My computer was so infected that when I brought it back to the office I had to warn the IT folks not too look at the screen while they where trying to fix it.
They laughed the entire time they had to work on it.
fox1 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 10:36 PM   #20
Buck Shot
Six Point
 
Buck Shot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Kerens
Hunt In: Freestone County
Default

The guy who named those mowers is still laughing his @ss off somewhere
Buck Shot is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-27-2017, 11:27 PM   #21
Bisch
Pope & Young
 
Bisch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Sonora, Tx
Default

Rut-Ro!!!!!

Bisch
Bisch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 04:26 AM   #22
flyby
Ten Point
 
flyby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: DFW
Hunt In: Parker County
Default

Few months ago I was trying to help out my mom on her I-phone. Several issues, but she couldn't figure out Siri. Told her a couple of times to ask a question, but she didn't know what to ask. I finally grabbed the phone and said, "Siri, what is a Dodo"? Siri says. "What is a dildo"?

NOOOOO.....stop!!!

My mom laughed so hard and so long. That was really disturbing!!!
flyby is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 07:19 AM   #23
twobanger
Eight Point
 
twobanger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Default

Back in the 90's when I used to tournament fish the club required a membership to honey hole magazine. Yeah, don't type that into the search bar.
twobanger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 07:31 AM   #24
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyby View Post
Few months ago I was trying to help out my mom on her I-phone. Several issues, but she couldn't figure out Siri. Told her a couple of times to ask a question, but she didn't know what to ask. I finally grabbed the phone and said, "Siri, what is a Dodo"? Siri says. "What is a dildo"?

NOOOOO.....stop!!!

My mom laughed so hard and so long. That was really disturbing!!!
coffee on the desk this Morning
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 07:54 AM   #25
10132297
Ten Point
 
10132297's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Georgetown
Hunt In: Williamson,Coryell, Bell
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantexduck View Post
I was looking for a local place that sold dudes shoes. Buddy said to try d I c k s sporting goods. Care to guess what popped up on google ?
***** sporting goods is the politically correct spelling
10132297 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 07:56 AM   #26
adam_p
Ten Point
 
adam_p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pilot Point
Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantexduck View Post
I was looking for a local place that sold dudes shoes. Buddy said to try d I c k s sporting goods. Care to guess what popped up on google ?
Dicks sporting goods fills the page of results when I tried it. Google must have adapted to your surfing history.
adam_p is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 07:57 AM   #27
cantexduck
Pope & Young
 
cantexduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Florence,Texas/ Willamson
Hunt In: all over central Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
Dicks sporting goods fills the page of results when I tried it. Google must have adapted to your surfing history.
Leave out sporting goods.
But you might be right.

Last edited by cantexduck; 09-28-2017 at 08:28 AM.
cantexduck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:04 AM   #28
coldgas
Ten Point
 
coldgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Briscoe Tx
Hunt In: Hemphill Co
Default

Sorry if I offend any IT people but why are some IT guys such Nazi's? I swear some of them just sit around waiting to catch you do something wrong. Anyway, funny story. I got caught by my wife several years ago looking for a suspension system for my jeep. She wasn't pleased when she saw Big Dicks in the web history where I was looking at Big Dicks suspension lifts. She thought I was turning gay.
coldgas is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:10 AM   #29
Bassdeer
Ten Point
 
Bassdeer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: The Colony
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi513 View Post
Your boss has binos in his office, yet is concerned about what you are looking at? Interesting...
Yea this, has a widow that he can see people.
Bassdeer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #30
Bullydog
Pope & Young
 
Bullydog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Tom Bean
Hunt In: Grayson / Throckmorton
Default

Funny, did the same thing to a co-worker who was looking for a mower. Told them to check out the site. Should have told him it was hustlermowers.com or something. He did the same as you, and just typed hustler into the search, and got a surprise at work. lol

Still gives me crap over it. The kid probably never saw a hustler mag in his life, since he was born after the internet had kicked in full speed.
Bullydog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:14 AM   #31
RiverRat1
Pope & Young
 
RiverRat1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Leander
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coldgas View Post
Sorry if I offend any IT people but why are some IT guys such Nazi's? I swear some of them just sit around waiting to catch you do something wrong. Anyway, funny story. I got caught by my wife several years ago looking for a suspension system for my jeep. She wasn't pleased when she saw Big Dicks in the web history where I was looking at Big Dicks suspension lifts. She thought I was turning gay.
Because they deal with idiots surfing ****, getting a virus, then acting like they would never look at ****. They spend WAY too much time fixing horny web surfers computers.
RiverRat1 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:21 AM   #32
nothinbutwelves
Ten Point
 
nothinbutwelves's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: TEXAS
Default this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
Valid point
agree
nothinbutwelves is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:27 AM   #33
coldgas
Ten Point
 
coldgas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Briscoe Tx
Hunt In: Hemphill Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiverRat1 View Post
Because they deal with idiots surfing ****, getting a virus, then acting like they would never look at ****. They spend WAY too much time fixing horny web surfers computers.
Well then teach the horny web surfers to do it safely like y'all do and there would not be any problems!!!
coldgas is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:29 AM   #34
AntlerCollector
Pope & Young
 
AntlerCollector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Hunt In: Votaw, Hardin/Polk Co., TX. Bon Weir, Newton Co., El Dorado, Schleicher Co., TX.
Default

Awesome excuse! Seeing that mower nearby gave you the perfect alibi. Well played.
AntlerCollector is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 08:39 AM   #35
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young
 
lovemylegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mauriceville
Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rut-ro View Post
On the way back to the office my buddy and I noticed a zero turn lawn mower that appears to have batwings. Neither of us have ever seen one so we decided to turn around and get the make of the mower. As we got closer we both noticed it was a Hustler brand mower, which we have never heard of. We go back to work and after a couple hours curiosity gets the best of me and I have to know how much one cost, so I get on the Internet and type in Hustler. I immediately get a message saying website blocked and thought, man this place is ridiculous on what we can and cannot look at. About an hour goes by and my boss calls me into his office and IT is in there, he says we need to talk about my Internet searches and I was like OK. He asked if I have been trying to look at P05n on company computer and I said heck no. He said has anyone else been in your office, Ummm not that I am aware of and my computer was locked. He said well, then how do you explain the hustler search? I sat for a minute and then the 15 year old boy in me busted out laughing. I explained to him what I had done and they were both like yeah right. Just at that time the mowing crew was about 100 yards from my bosses window so he grabbed his binoculars and checked it out his self. We all laughed and I was told to be careful what I search LOL.

Just in case you were wondering the mower is over 20K
...and probably runs on diesel.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 09:44 AM   #36
686PPP
Six Point
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Nocona
Default

I typed moan.cm instead of Moen.com. the boss wasn't happy with the results. I was looking for faucet parts.
686PPP is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 10:19 AM   #37
Ten Ring
Eight Point
 
Ten Ring's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Robinson, TX
Hunt In: Clifton, Mart, Evant
Default

When we were kids we wanted to go online and build a Hummer H2 or what ever they were back then. My buddy typed in Hummer and clicked on the first link with out looking at it. Crashed the family computer and had to explain the story to his Mom and Dad so they could get it fixed. That was awkward.
Ten Ring is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 10:35 AM   #38
jlinville
Ten Point
 
jlinville's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Cherokee Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobanger View Post
Back in the 90's when I used to tournament fish the club required a membership to honey hole magazine. Yeah, don't type that into the search bar.

I made that mistake too!
jlinville is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 10:43 AM   #39
adam_p
Ten Point
 
adam_p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Pilot Point
Hunt In: Grayson, Cooke, Denton
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cantexduck View Post
Leave out sporting goods.
But you might be right.

I did not type sporting goods in the search.
adam_p is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 10:44 AM   #40
twosixteens
Ten Point
 
twosixteens's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: North Texas
Hunt In: Young County Mostly
Default

A few years ago I had a sub contractor who was going to run a camera in some existing storm drains I couldn't find the foremans business card so I googled the company name (Magnum Manholes) will never do that again.
twosixteens is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 10:50 AM   #41
rut-ro
Ten Point
 
rut-ro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Sugar Land
Hunt In: Leon,Madison and Zavalla
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 686PPP View Post
I typed moan.cm instead of Moen.com. the boss wasn't happy with the results. I was looking for faucet parts.
Trying to clean pipes? Sorry had to.
rut-ro is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 11:06 AM   #42
35remington
Pope & Young
 
35remington's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Wilco
Hunt In: the dark
Default

I remember when going to www.whitehouse.com used to get you in trouble at school.
35remington is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 09-28-2017, 11:33 AM   #43
Hart8
Pope & Young
 
Hart8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Waxahachie,Tx
Hunt In: concho co. tx
Default lmao!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobanger View Post
Back in the 90's when I used to tournament fish the club required a membership to honey hole magazine. Yeah, don't type that into the search bar.
Man,I was just fixing to say the same thing! Had to always put "outdoors",at the end.too funny!
Hart8 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com