Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > It's All About the Video

Old 12-15-2006, 12:42 PM   #1
ranchdog
Ten Point

Default Rookie questions

I have some questions. I have a Sony Mini DVD camcorder DCR-DVD403. It says 3.0 mega Pixels. I also have an old Sony Hi 8 that I have used and uploaded to my Windows XP Media Center pc via the capture card. I have a real nice pc. So I think I have all the hardware.

Anyway, My questions are

When I put my mini DV in I have to choose either a VR mode or a Video mode. I have also chosen the Video mode and when I am finished it requires me to "Finalize" the mini dv. Which mode should I be using?

Once I had the mini DV finalized, I just copied the files from it to the hard drive and tried to work with the files in the two folders Audio_TS and Video_TS. That has been a pain. I have movie maker software and Intervideo WinDVD creator software. Am I doing this wrong? should I be using the firewire and put the Camcorder in play mode and capturing it somehow. I can't image I would want to hook up via the 3 composite cables and capture it through my capture card?

I think once I load it up the right way I can figure out Movie maker. I have done a few WMV files from the Hi 8 via the capture card and once was able to do it with the DVD audio_ts and Video_ts files but both softwares act as though they don't want that type of format to import.

Thanks for any basic advice, I am sure you old pros are good at this stuff but this rookie needs a little help please?

Thanks, Ranchdog
ranchdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-15-2006, 12:44 PM   #2
ranchdog
Ten Point

Darn, I posted this in the wrong section. Could one of you moderators move it for me. I am sorry. Brain is not working well with this cold I have.

Thanks, RD
ranchdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top