Treestand Accident

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
    I thought the purpose of a forum was to discuss things. I did not realize that the purpose of forums was to only discuss things that were skinny approved...seems to me that a forum like that would get boring pretty quick.

-john
    Put down the shovel.

Comment

Treestand Accident

Maybe I interject and ask a question???

How do y’all use a harness with a tripod? I’m not able to tie my harness in the tree closest to my tripod, a lifeline maybe? Any other ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I would like to tell my story.

I was hunting in Ks. Climbing a tree using a climber and trimming limbs as I went up the tree. About 10 ft up, my stand broke, upper part, I fell backwards and my harness caught me and kept me in my stand. Yes I use my harness while Im climbing with a tree climber. No doubt that saved my life.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeremy7306 View Post
          Maybe I interject and ask a question???

How do y’all use a harness with a tripod? I’m not able to tie my harness in the tree closest to my tripod, a lifeline maybe? Any other ideas?

A lifeline with a prusik knot will work on anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            Put down the shovel.
            If y'all quit digging then so will I......

Also I wanted to clarify......I am not mad at anyone. I do like to have discussions and have no issues with agreeing to disagree but also remember that it takes 2 to tango.

-john

Comment

I remember years ago, a friend of the family told me about a story, of a guy he knew, who fell out of a tree. I think the guy had a old back quiver or him quiver and possibly a arrow knocked on the bow. He fell out of a oak tree, if I remember correctly. We wound up falling and impaling himself with a broadheaded arrow. The guy did not suffer many injuries from the fall it's self, but he bled to death very quickly after the fall.

I know I have dozed off while hunting on either tripods or up in oak trees and dang near fell out of where ever I was. Will scare the crap out of you.

Comment

Nah just like all liberals they want to yell louder, insult and demean those they disagree with and force their way of doing things on others.

I'm not saying don't wear one. I'm just saying just because one chooses not to doesn't mean they are going to have a devastating fall.

And by the way my 9mm is in a retention holster on my hip.

Sent from my SM-J710MN using Tapatalk

Comment

A lifeline with a prusik knot will work on anything.

I was thinking that. But... I didn’t think about that until I was typing that question! The closest limb runs above me, but about 2-3 feet to the side/back of me. Too far for the tether from my harness to reach on its on. It’s a HSS harness. Guess I need to pick up a lifeline. Thanks!

Carry on guys!

Comment

Understood. But you did state "they" were dangerous. I disagree.
                    yessir I did. to be used as a fall prevention device yes I think they are, yes I will stand by my statement. don't know why the rope broke, most companies use the cheapest materials possible.

I know Jim personally and just wanted him to know, that's what friends do

Comment

Originally posted by TX_Hoghunter View Post
                      If y'all quit digging then so will I......

Also I wanted to clarify......I am not mad at anyone. I do like to have discussions and have no issues with agreeing to disagree but also remember that it takes 2 to tango.

-john
                      It's the perception that grown men think it's ok to not wear a harness in a tree stand, and the younger or impressionable people following your misguided stance that's rubbing most of us wrong. You are possibly gambling with other people's safety, not just your own.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        yessir I did. to be used as a fall prevention device yes I think they are, yes I will stand by my statement. don't know why the rope broke, most companies use the cheapest materials possible.

I know Jim personally and just wanted him to know, that's what friends do
                        Companies product liability alone prevent them from using the cheapest material possible. Like I said, the lifeline was not designed for such use (your friend fabricated it himself) or it was neglected ( sat out in the elements and became disintegrated). Either of which was preventable.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                          Nah just like all liberals they want to yell louder, insult and demean those they disagree with and force their way of doing things on others.

I'm not saying don't wear one. I'm just saying just because one chooses not to doesn't mean they are going to have a devastating fall.

Hate to hear this, No one is trying to force you to do anything, but somethings are senseless, like not using a harness from an elevated position. I assure you that your arrogance will not break your fall. Really wish you would change your mind.

Comment

Companies product liability alone prevent them from using the cheapest material possible. Like I said, the lifeline was not designed for such use (your friend fabricated it himself) or it was neglected ( sat out in the elements and became disintegrated). Either of which was preventable.
                            Yeah could be. I was under the impression it was new. Don't know if there was litigation or not. Ironic, he saw them using it on a Drury show.

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post

Read post #85. This has nothing to do with political leanings.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                                Yeah could be. I was under the impression it was new. Don't know if there was litigation or not. Ironic, he saw them using it on a Drury show.
                                If it was new, there should have been litigation.

Comment

Working...
                                X