Anybody wanna go to First Point?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anybody wanna go to First Point?

We had somebody in our group for the week before Thanksgiving that had some things come up and won’t be able to make it. We’ll hunt the evening of Wednesday the 15th, then all day Thursday Friday and Saturday, then hunt Sunday morning and head home. It’ll be 4 days total at $150 per day so it’ll cost $600 for the hunt plus whatever you spend on fuel, food, etc. If you’re interested shoot me a PM. No serial killers please.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well.... I was interested until I read the last sentence.[emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Comment

I might be interested but need to check on a couple of things at work.

How many in y'alls group?

Comment

Originally posted by Brandon M. View Post
        I might be interested but need to check on a couple of things at work.

How many in y'alls group?
        Just me and 2 other guys. If I can get this spot filled it'll be 4 total.

Comment

I might be interested as well, been wanting to try First Point. Will let you know this evening

Comment

Oh and I'm not a serial killer.....yet [emoji48]. But a house full of teenagers might change that

Comment

Originally posted by PineyWoodsBow View Post
              Oh and I'm not a serial killer.....yet [emoji48]. But a house full of teenagers might change that

Lol!! Just let me know if you’re interested. It’s a fun place to hunt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can't happen for me this year. Bump for a great opportunity

Comment

How are they so reasonably priced? Where is the catch...hidden costs? That sounds like an awesome ranch to hunt. Id be on it like stink on poo if my cuz wasnt gettin hitched that weekend.

What a deal. Im gonna see about a December trip.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                    How are they so reasonably priced? Where is the catch...hidden costs? That sounds like an awesome ranch to hunt. Id be on it like stink on poo if my cuz wasnt gettin hitched that weekend.

What a deal. Im gonna see about a December trip.

First Point is a good ranch in a good area. There are some very big deer there, but it has been in operation for a long time now, and the big ones are smarter than heck! There is a lot of hunter pressure due to how many folks book and hunt there. Most folks do not get a big buck, even though they are there.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tough hunting ain't the word! I had to dig a 4ft deep hole with a pic axe and shovel in the middle of a javelina bush. Dont bring a pop up tent

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                        First Point is a good ranch in a good area. There are some very big deer there, but it has been in operation for a long time now, and the big ones are smarter than heck! There is a lot of hunter pressure due to how many folks book and hunt there. Most folks do not get a big buck, even though they are there.

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        This pretty well sums it up. You'll always see deer, but you gotta be on your toes and really hide your setups to kill one. I've managed to kill deer 2 out of 3 trips down there but there's definitely some work involved!!

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                          This pretty well sums it up. You'll always see deer, but you gotta be on your toes and really hide your setups to kill one. I've managed to kill deer 2 out of 3 trips down there but there's definitely some work involved!!
                          CRM95...are you taking a popup or a mobile tripod (if there is such a thing)?

Sounds exceptionally challenging.

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                            CRM95...are you taking a popup or a mobile tripod (if there is such a thing)?

Sounds exceptionally challenging.
                            I'm not 100% sure. I have both, but I'm watching the weather. If it's gonna be dry I'll probably take a tripod, any rain in the forecast and I'll take a pop up. They both work but you have to brush them in really good. Homemade brush blinds work too. But they have to be really tight and look natural with a small shooting window.The wind is important like always. To me though, just from what I've seen, the deer here at home will bust you if they get downwind before they'll pick you off. It seems to me those deer down there are just the opposite and will see anything that looks out of the ordinary before they wind you.

Comment

Originally posted by CRM_95 View Post
                              I'm not 100% sure. I have both, but I'm watching the weather. If it's gonna be dry I'll probably take a tripod, any rain in the forecast and I'll take a pop up. They both work but you have to brush them in really good. Homemade brush blinds work too. But they have to be really tight and look natural with a small shooting window.The wind is important like always. To me though, just from what I've seen, the deer here at home will bust you if they get downwind before they'll pick you off. It seems to me those deer down there are just the opposite and will see anything that looks out of the ordinary before they wind you.
                              Awesome! Thank you! I look forward to seeing your ldps

Comment

Working...
                              X