Popup pvc bow stands?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popup pvc bow stands?

Someone posted pics of a pvc bow holder a while back. Couldn't remember if it was on here or 2cool.

This one?

I posted this back in 2006.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Bow_Stand.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	24408996

BOW STAND
    This is an outstanding bow stand that not only holds your bow, it has a place for arrows strategically leveled for your shooting comfort.
    It’s sturdy enough to hold even the heaviest of bows, even in a windstorm. It’s virtually indestructible. Unlike other commercially available stands, this one does not require you to fill with sand or water to weigh it down. The design itself enables the stand to be totally self supporting with or without a bow and is still less than three pounds in weight. Constructed of Heavy SCH40 pvc and strengthened at stress points. Rubber sleeves protect bows finish.
    Will not tip, rock, or fall over due to a low center of gravity and extra wide legs.

Supply list:
    1 1/4" Sch40 PVC cut as follows:
    2- 18"
    1-14"
    2- 10"
    2-6"
    1-4"
    3- Heavy "90's"
    2-Heavy "T's"
    1- 20"X1.75" bicycle tube

Clean, Prime and cement a "90" to one end of each 18" sections. Glue the 4" to one of these. Then glue a "T" to the other end of the 4" and the 14" to the other straight end of that "T". Then carefully glue the other "90" on the 18" section to this T", carefully keeping it squared. Next, glue one of the 6" sections to the last opening on the "T". Then a "90" to this 6", remembering to point it straight upward. Next, glue a 10" to this, then the remaining "T" pointed to the side of the 14" section but straight outward. Then the last 10" on the topside of the "T". Lastly, run the remaining 6" section through a 5/8" straight cut router bit on each side (preferably on a router table) to create a "slit" 3" long in the center of the 6" section. Stretch two 3" long pieces of tube of each slit for bow limb protection, and cement to the last opening end of the "T" with the slit at a 35 degree right angle.
    By following these guidelines, the stand will hold a bow (including parallel limb like Mathews LX, Legacy, etc) without tipping. The real secret is in the centering of the bow. If you were to place a plumb bob on the center weight of the bow (near the grip) while in the holder, it would point straight down to the center of the legs of the stand, thus keeping it perfectly centered to prevent falling. I have several of them already built, but you can build one for yourself if you wish. These tips are provided to help our fellow archers. Everyone who has used this stand loves it. No more need for locating a place to lay your bow while walking up to the target to pull out arrows. No more need to have a belt or bow quiver attached while shooting in the back yard.

Comment

I like your design. I think I will build one. Thanks.

Comment

Working...
      X