Today’s video of trump talking about gun control

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RvlNyR2DGSM&sns=em"]Trump Suggests Lawmakers Are 'Afraid of the NRA' - YouTube[/ame]

Take the guns first, go through due process second.

Comment

Trump just called our democrats for being afraid of the NRA. He’s right. They are. They have written a bill they KNOW will be beaten, then they can campaign on this in the midterms. They can stand tall in front of cheering liberals and say “WE TRIED EVERYTHING!”, knowing they absolutely did not, and it was all just for show.
      Did anyone notice the democrat on trumps right apparently DONT know that background checks are NATIONAL and not just in a few states?

Comment

I just got off a long phone call with my son. He thinks Trump is gaming everybody Republicans and Democrats.
        He believes that nothing will be able to be voted on because of how divided we are right now. And Trump can stand up later and say I tried to get the Republicans do this and tried to get the Democrats do that and they did nothing.
        Makes sense I suppose......

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
          I just got off a long phone call with my son. He thinks Trump is gaming everybody Republicans and Democrats.
          He believes that nothing will be able to be voted on because of how divided we are right now. And Trump can stand up later and say I tried to get the Republicans do this and tried to get the Democrats do that and they did nothing.

I’m wondering the same thing and I hope it’s true.

He’s taking a big gamble though. People are pretty worked up right now and they are getting all of the media attention.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

The President of the United States just said take the guns first and then worry about due process. This should anger us FAR more than ****’s or Walmart. He might be “gaming” all of us, but that is a scary game.

I’ve been pleasently surprised at Trumps actions so far. This talk about taking guns and worrying about due process later scares me. Trump said previously that he was for an assault weapons ban. Then he ran for president and was against it. Now...he wants to take all the guns from anyone the police are suspicious of and worry about due process later? What does Trump really believe about the 2nd amendment? The 5th amendment? The 14th amendment? Crazy.

No person shall be held to answer for a capital, or otherwise infamous crime, unless on a presentment or indictment of a Grand Jury, except in cases arising in the land or naval forces, or in the Militia, when in actual service in time of War or public danger; nor shall any person be subject for the same offence to be twice put in jeopardy of life or limb; nor shall be compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself, nor be deprived of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor shall private property be taken for public use, without just compensation.
            All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.
            Last edited by Jason; 02-28-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Lostacresranch View Post
              Trump just called our democrats for being afraid of the NRA. He’s right. They are. They have written a bill they KNOW will be beaten, then they can campaign on this in the midterms. They can stand tall in front of cheering liberals and say “WE TRIED EVERYTHING!”, knowing they absolutely did not, and it was all just for show.
              Did anyone notice the democrat on trumps right apparently DONT know that background checks are NATIONAL and not just in a few states?

Back from timeout....

Apparently Trump Nation is in denial. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

And for Pete’s sake, get your story straight...Trump called out Republicans as being scared of the NRA. If a Republican gets a failing grade from the NRA, they are likely toast. If a blue state Democrat gets a F from the NRA, it’s a badge of honor.

Comment

Originally posted by Jason View Post
                The President of the United States just said take the guns first and then worry about due process. This should anger us FAR more than ****’s or Walmart. He might be “gaming” all of us, but that is a scary game.

I’ve been pleasently surprised at Trumps actions so far. This talk about taking guns and worrying about due process later scares me. Trump said previously that he was for an assault weapons ban. Then he ran for president and was against it. Now...he wants to take all the guns from anyone the police are suspicious of and worry about due process later? What does Trump really believe about the 2nd amendment? The 5th amendment? The 14th amendment? Crazy.
                Yep. His suggestions today were unbelievably BAD. It's just unconscionable that the President of the United States would make those statements. I can only imagine what the reaction would have been if those exact same comments had been made by Obama or Hillary. The reaction to those words should be the same, regardless of which moron uttered them. Whether a guy (or gal) hates the Constitution or simply has no clue what it says or means, the end result isn't much different.

Comment

OMGoodness.......the faux paus and rabid defense of those previous oddball statements were just squashed. WTHeck is our president talking about???? Confiscation of weapons FIRST? ?? Come on MAN.......can someone up there please get him to STOP and think before he speaks on these critical topics. I cannot imagine what the "political spin" will be on this mess. Hope Hicks was bad enough today. Plus Jared Kushner yesterday. The NRA put up $30 million for the presidential race and now this........oh boy, this is just out of bounds by every measure.......constitutionality, politically, and logically. Let's hope for the best as a nation.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Vermin93 View Post
                    Back from timeout....

Apparently Trump Nation is in denial. It’d be funny if it wasn’t so sad.

And for Pete’s sake, get your story straight...Trump called out Republicans as being scared of the NRA. If a Republican gets a failing grade from the NRA, they are likely toast. If a blue state Democrat gets a F from the NRA, it’s a badge of honor.
                    Yes......it was aimed directly at Republicans .......conservative & RINO alike!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Pence tried to rescue him, but then he doubled down and "corrected" Pence.

Just.... wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                        Pence tried to rescue him, but then he doubled down and "corrected" Pence.

Just.... wow.
                        I thought the same thing....wow.

Comment

The NRA just called Sr President..."we need to talk"

I would prefer to support out of good faith that Oscar's and so many others within our ranks, even both extremes of the media since trumps arrival have continually touted in regards of his words self inflicting due to shooting from the hip as passay this time, but ****??

It would take nothing but a total retraction blaming complete brain fart & begging forgiveness, pinky swear & double dog dare promise in writing to accept any reversal of acceptance. He just dove head first into a very shallow rabbit hole.

Damage control is an understatement...this is going to get ugly I reckon. I'll always back my 'anyone but Clinton' past statements but the value of trump stock is on radar

Comment

Originally posted by thorthunder View Post
                            Smart son.
                            I feel the same way.
                            Except that 51-49 in a push trump would side with actually taking our guns.

Comment

What guns?

Comment

Working...
                              X