DIY Cabin build 14x32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fire retardant lumber is not required. We chose to use it because of cost

The customer used an app. to make the design. I do not have any drawings just material list. PM if you would like a copy.
    Last edited by jtempleton; 04-13-2016, 03:22 PM. Reason: ...

Comment

I made the floor plan using an iPad app called HouseDesign.

Comment

4-15

We had to move quickly the last couple of days to try and get ahead of the rain. After getting all the rafters and fascia boards in place we decked the roof, then covered with 30 pound felt paper. When decking make sure the joints do not line up. After that. we stripped the deck with three 1x4's. Anytime you use R-panel for a roof it is good to add the 1x4. This way the screw grabs about 1 1/2" of material to keep from coming off. We then put the R-panel on the roof applying puddy in between the sheets. This helps hold the edges down and seals in between the sheets. I normally put the OSB on the walls before the roof, but since we are expecting some heavy rains we put the roof on first. We were grateful Hilco helped us out by getting our order done in time for us to make this happen. Next week we begin putting OSB and R-panel on the sides.
        Attached Files

Comment

Looking good!

Comment

Man this is sweet, getting ready to have one built myself!

Comment

I love these threads. Looking good.

Comment

Progress 4-19

We were able to get some OSB up today on half the house. We hopefully will get the other half done tomorrow. After the OSB we will wrap the house and then put the windows in before we start with the siding.
                Attached Files

Comment

Sweet build / progress. Thanks

Comment

That's gunna be great!!

Comment

looking forward to seeing the finished product

Comment

Status 4-22

We have been able to get the cabin wrapped with a vapor barrier and cut out for doors and windows. We began putting the R-Panel on. I have found it best to make the kids mark where the screws are going to go ahead of time to keep it from looking like a blind man put the screws in. As we get to the windows we install them by putting the window in the opening and placing one screw in a corner. We then level it up and screw the other corners and the one in between. Next, we use a window tape to go around it by taping the bottom, then the side and lastly the top overlapping the previous side. This way if water gets in it is less likely to get in the window. After all the siding and trim is up we will put the doors in and begin wiring and plumbing.
                        Attached Files

Comment

First class

Comment

Cool

Comment

I like it. That'll make a great cabin.

Comment

Update 5-6

It's been a while since I have checked in. We have wired everything and the plumber came and helped us rough in the plumbing. We used "pex" pipe which is what is mostly used in new construction these days. We like it because it goes together quickly and will expand some when frozen. All wiring was done with #12. The reason I like to wire with 12 instead of 14 is you have plenty of wire for what you might want to plug in. All A/C's will be on their own circuit. It cost a little more to do it this way but in the long run it is better. Rule of thumb to follow is #14-15amp, #12-20amp and #10-30amp for most home construction. Insulation is going up as well. We are using R13 for the walls and R30 for the ceiling. When putting in insulation do not cram into spots or compact it. It will effect the r-value if you do this. We have also put another layer of 1/4" plywood over the subfloor. This way we have s smooth floor for whatever the customer decided to lay down. After all insulation is up we will begin putting on the interior paneling.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X