Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A buck that still has not shed, any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A buck that still has not shed, any ideas?

There is a deer where we hunt that still has not shed. We have seen him in person and he has both testicles. Last year he was in velvet way deep into November. We got some pics of him on trial camera last night and he still has hard horns. Any ideas?

Jenner deer

Comment

Pics please

No clue what would cause it

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Comment

That's really odd. I would only guess he was an incredible late fawn, but even then his body should not be that far off. A unique situation for sure. Please post pics if you can. Not trying to start another knife throwing like on another thread, but is he low fence? I have often been curious if the amount of protein I know gets fed year round in some places could slightly affect the shed timing of the beams. I think not so extreme as in your case, but it would allow for more full nutrition longer in the seasons then may naturally occur??

Comment

There's a condition where the family jewels shrink to near nothing and become useless , can't quite remember the name or cause just now.

I have a deer that will be 6 and has been carrying the same anlters since 2. So for him this happened late summer of his second year. He has only added a small drop since then. Every year he hangs out with a fawn or two from the previous season. I never see him with a group of adult deer.

I've seen him numerous times from a ground blind at less than 20 yards, the stem is still on the Apple but there's no seeds....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

Yep no jewels

Comment

Hermaphroditism

Comment

He has jewels, we have seen them. I'm uploading pics right now

Comment

This first pic of him is in late may, I'm having a hard time uploading the pic from last night
                  Attached Files

Comment

This is the pic of him last night
                    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by sundownbrown View Post
                      He has jewels, we have seen them. I'm uploading pics right now
                      Just because he has'em, doesn't mean they still work. At seventy years of age, I know a couple things about that.........

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                        Just because he has'em, doesn't mean they still work. At seventy years of age, I know a couple things about that.........
                        Now thats funny!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dry Bones View Post
                          That's really odd. I would only guess he was an incredible late fawn, but even then his body should not be that far off. A unique situation for sure. Please post pics if you can. Not trying to start another knife throwing like on another thread, but is he low fence? I have often been curious if the amount of protein I know gets fed year round in some places could slightly affect the shed timing of the beams. I think not so extreme as in your case, but it would allow for more full nutrition longer in the seasons then may naturally occur??
                          It is a low fence place in Webb county

Comment

Never heard or seen anything like this. Interesting

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                              lol, that's a good one

Comment

Working...
                              X