Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a wonderful Tradition to start. I look forward to more great stories of the Sacagawea.

Comment

No story here Mark! She is in Matt's(Trick) hands now! Hopefully he can get on the board with her!!

Comment

Matt has got SACA.....................MMMMMMMMMMMM...........th is could get very interesting fast.

Comment

That's cool Jason, I have said several times...it's not about killing or even hunting with her. Just a shared experience.

It was nice getting to read your bio and getting to know you better.

Good luck to Matt!

Comment

Sacagawea(Sacajawea?) arrived today in one piece, ok 3 pieces actually. Put her together, strung her up and grabbed a few different arrows. She shot great with 3555 shafts with 250gr up front. My groups were tight without changing nock or brace height. I wasn't sure how an ambidextrous bow was going to shoot or feel like, but I can't tell the difference between this bow and my other Blue Ridge bows. Imazing work Bob. I'm looking forward to getting out in the field and hunting with her. Bio to come.

Matt
            Last edited by Trick; 12-05-2012, 09:50 PM.

Comment

Enjoy your time with her Matt.

Comment

Its Matt's turn?? I KNOW we are in for a good story now.

Comment

I wouldn't bank on that Deb. There have been some great write ups so far, and I'm not that talented. Thanks for the confidence though, I'll give it my best.

Matt

Comment

He better give us one or I will make one up for him. Go kill something with that bow Matt. You know me I am patiently waiting. Have fun with her Matt.

Arvin

Comment

Good luck Buddy! Maybe you can kill five or six hogs in a set

Comment

Good luck with her, Matt!!!!

Bisch

Comment

Aren't we on this list somewhere?

Comment

Originally posted by Trick View Post
                            I wouldn't bank on that Deb. There have been some great write ups so far, and I'm not that talented. Thanks for the confidence though, I'll give it my best.

Matt
                            This is going to be GREAT! Go Matt!

Comment

My write up. My name is Matt Smith, I'm 47 years old and feeling every year. I'm a Product Engineer for HP and have been there for 23 years. I got the nickname Trick back in the mid 80's by some buddies cuz I'm always "trickin" stuff out. The way I look at it is if they made it right to start with I wouldn't have to trick it out. But thats me. I'm survived by my lovely wife Kim who does a good job of keeping me in line, sometimes. I've been hunting and fishing since I was a kid and would rather be in the woods than any place else. Its a good thing I enjoy Kim's company or she probably wouldn't see me very often. Better yet I got her hunting back in 05' when we went to Africa and she really enjoys going with me when it works out and it's not too cold. She just started shooting a longbow this summer, so I have high hopes of converting her over.
                              Click image for larger version

Name:	Kims_Impala.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	101.3 KB
ID:	24148923
                              I started this Trad quest 3 years ago shortly before bow season. That's when I discovered the flight of the arrow. I had shot compounds for many years, but never really appreciated the flight until I started trad. With a lot of reading and a lot of help from the good folks here on TBH, I felt like I was ready to hunt with my longbow. Looking back I was nowhere close to being ready, but I managed to kill my first buck despite my lack of skills. Basically, I didn't know any better. I've shot better bucks, but that buck topped any buck I had shot previously.

Name:	DSC01355.JPG
Size:	144.3 KB
ID:	24148925
                              I was all in at that point and haven't looked back. I've been fortunate enough to shoot a couple more bucks, a couple does, and a handful of hogs. I haven't hunted with my compound bow since that first kill. Don't think I ever will.

Since this all began, Kim and I have been blessed to meet a lot of great folks in trad and have made some long lasting friends we wouldn't trade for anything. Our lives would have been pretty boring the past 3 years if it weren't for trad. We've had several great adventures so far and look forward to many more. Thanks guys!

Name:	elkhunt.JPG
Size:	164.6 KB
ID:	24148934

Name:	Tenn.JPG
Size:	190.2 KB
ID:	24148936
                              As others have said, I'm honored to be part of this bow we call Sacajawea. Or is it Sacagawea? I'll take good care of her and hopefully we can make something happen. This afternoon was our first trip to the woods together. You guys that have already had her trained her well. I just opened the door to the truck and she jumped right in.

Name:	Saca.JPG
Size:	181.5 KB
ID:	24148935
                              We had a couple shooter bucks I hadn't seen before cross the field behind me, but they never came in. I'm hoping with a little change in my setup we can make something happen in the next week or so. Wish us luck.

Matt

Comment

Good luck, Matt!! I see ya got the pic thing down.

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                                X