Boatright project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boatright project.

My FIL said if I put the work in to this boat I can use it when I want. Here we go. Staring with a little cleaning. Boat is a 98 model and has 187 hours on it.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398624635.702722.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	25015521

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398624651.368478.jpg
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	25015522

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398624661.986532.jpg
Size:	61.2 KB
ID:	25015523

Got your work cut out for you.

Comment

Not too bad. It will be seaworthy in a month or less.

Comment

Looking forward to seeing what you have planned.

Comment

That hull is already seaworthy. Boatright builds a top notch aluminum boat. Getting that motor running would be my biggest concern.

Comment

Stay motivated
            Start on something you know you'll finish quickly
            And in no time you'll be backing down a ramp

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              That hull is already seaworthy. Boatright builds a top notch aluminum boat. Getting that motor running would be my biggest concern.

Motor I think will be fine didn't have any gas left in it. Get ready to fish in 2 weeks Phillip.

Comment

This is the progress so far. I'll do some more next weekend.

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398634313.742418.jpg
Size:	67.1 KB
ID:	24301546

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398634334.392923.jpg
Size:	58.0 KB
ID:	24301547

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1398634523.041709.jpg
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	24301549

Comment

Cleans up nice!

Comment

Make sure you check out the trailer, tires, bearings, etc also. You just never know on the engine, might not take too much. Id definitely put a new impeller for the water pump if it hasnt been ran in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Lungbustr View Post
                      Make sure you check out the trailer, tires, bearings, etc also. You just never know on the engine, might not take too much. Id definitely put a new impeller for the water pump if it hasnt been ran in a while.

Trailer was rebuild 2 years ago.

Comment

I'm ready. I'd come help you, but you live too far away. Lol

Comment

Where the floor is coming up, do you know what happened? My friends boatright had the same thing and one of the cross beams had broke causing the floor to bow. That floor can be done by Safefloor. I live lees than a mile from Glenn's shop.

One other thing I am not sure if a transducer is mounted already but what he is doing now is welding an aluminum tab on the back to drill through vs the boat hull.

Have you seen this thread?

Comment

The floor is cracking and coming up because it has been sitting out on the sun unprotected and has dry rotted. It does have a transducer mounted to the hull close to the tunnel. Been there since it was new and has never seemed to be a problem. I will have a floor put in it but it cost $1k and will have to wait till next summer. The boat the 18x66 model and actually isn't considered the Texas scooter. It the deep sided boat that they do not make anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by shaft_slinger00 View Post
                              The floor is cracking and coming up because it has been sitting out on the sun unprotected and has dry rotted. It does have a transducer mounted to the hull close to the tunnel. Been there since it was new and has never seemed to be a problem. I will have a floor put in it but it cost $1k and will have to wait till next summer. The boat the 18x66 model and actually isn't considered the Texas scooter. It the deep sided boat that they do not make anymore.
                              First off let me say awesome job on cleaning it up and congrats on the boat. It is my favorite boat made today on the water!

Yeah the problem with safefloor is expensive. I know if I was in your shoes I may look at the Hydroturf or Kiwi grip as a DIY! I fish Jones Lake a bunch and can show that area if you ever get a chance to get down to Galveston.

Good Luck man and keep us posted.

Comment

Working...
                              X