What happened to the Saunders Pak-Tab?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What happened to the Saunders Pak-Tab?

I have been shooting a Saunders Pak-Tab for a long time. I love this tab and recommend it to everyone looking for a new tab to try. The other day a buddy of mine gave me a brand new one, still in the package. He said he tried it and did not like it. While putting it together, I noticed that the dark brown, main part of the tab was very stiff. I figured that maybe he had had it for a long time and left it in he sun or something for it to be stiff like that. I threw it in he trash because it was so stiff!

Today I was at the local shop and noticed that he had gotten in a new order of Pak-Tabs. So I opened one up, and guess what? The brand new one was stiff, just like the one I had thrown in the trash! Saunders must have changed the material that they make these out of, and I am very disappointed! I sure hate it when things change for the worse,

Rant over!

Bisch
    Last edited by Bisch; 02-13-2015, 02:52 PM.

Glad I bought 3 after I saw yours!

LD

Comment

Maybe if enough loyal users gripe about it they will change it back. That happened a couple of years ago with the Three Rivers DuraGlove. A different vendor started making them and the quality went south - poorly constructed and ill-fitting. They got a lot of complaints and lots of bad product reviews on their own website and archery message boards. After a while they announced they were switching back and even offered a free exchange for gloves bought during a certain time frame.

Comment

You ought to get with Bubba and get him to make the Bisch tab....

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Javi Cooper View Post
          You ought to get with Bubba and get him to make the Bisch tab....
          LOL.

I agree, the old Saunders pak tabs had a great face on them. I shot one for many years as well.

Nowdays, I'm onto gloves with the nylon tips. I can feel the string and they have a nice smooth surface.

Comment

LOL, you almost had me posting over at TG without thinking about it.

The last pair of them I ordered were just as you describe them here. I was very disappointed, and that is what prompted me to go ahead with my own design.
            Now I can have a tab I like any time I want it. All I have to do is get off my butt & build me one.

Rick

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
              LOL, you almost had me posting over at TG without thinking about it.
              It would have just looked like this:

"************************************************* ************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Rick ******"

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

"************************************************* ************************************************** ************************************************** *********

Rick ******"

Bisch
                Oh no. I have many handles for over there, and I log in with a different one each time I go. I also can change my IP at will, and/or mask it to look like I am somewhere far far away from where I actually am.

I seldom post there, and when I do I never get into any of the BS arguments. I do however read there a lot.

Yes, They made me a STAR without even realizing it.

Rick

Comment

Oh I hate to hear that. I've been shooting one for a long time and can't imagine having to get by with out one. I think I have at least five of them stock piled and as long as they last I should be good.

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
                    Oh I hate to hear that. I've been shooting one for a long time and can't imagine having to get by with out one. I think I have at least five of them stock piled and as long as they last I should be good.
                    I', in the same boat as you, but i just hate when companies make "improvements" to products that make them worse!

Bisch

Comment

I bought one in December to have as a back up incase I loose my glove to carry with me and I could not shoot with it. I was all over the target it was too stiff I thought that's the way it was, I put mine back in the package. I figured I was just used to my glove didn't know it wasn't suppose to be that stiff. Now I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Rick ******"

Bisch
                        That's FUNNY!!!

The Rick ****** strings are great

Comment

What was even funnier was when they blocked my first name also. They had quite a few Ricks who were pretty confused.

Rick ******

Comment

I've got a couple medium's hanging around here still in the package Bisch. Of course they're now "vintage", so I'll have to have a consensus appraisal done before I quote ya the price.

Comment

Originally posted by Green View Post
                              I've got a couple medium's hanging around here still in the package Bisch. Of course they're now "vintage", so I'll have to have a consensus appraisal done before I quote ya the price.
                              Just don't give or sell them to anybody else! I'll take them after an inspection!

Bisch

Comment

Working...
                              X