Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's make the "10 Shot Challenge" an official contest!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok, 10@15 to start. I only have 5 arrows. Do I post a new plate for the second 5?

Comment

Originally posted by Buck assasin View Post
      I would guess at 40 yrd seems anbout right for a paper plate... If you wanna go pizza box i would say 60 -100 to make it interesting
      We are talking trad gear with no sights!

Bisch

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
        Ok, 10@15 to start. I only have 5 arrows. Do I post a new plate for the second 5?
        Nah, just pull'em and shoot again at the same plate.

Comment

LM is going to join us on Saturday for this. So just to make sure that we do it right...we are shooting 10 arrows at 15 yards and posting the results. I will put up a new plate to shoot my second group of 5. Those who get all 10 arrows in the plate will advance and shoot again from 20 yards. Is that right?

Comment

Gotcha Jerp. I'm going to give it a go when I get home from the fire station on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck assasin View Post
              I would guess at 40 yrd seems anbout right for a paper plate... If you wanna go pizza box i would say 60 -100 to make it interesting
              But my yard is only 18 yards max. I'll put my target in the neighbor's yard

Comment

Originally posted by Deb View Post
                Those who get all 10 arrows in the plate will advance and shoot again from 20 yards. Is that right?
                I like that idea - we will soon see who the real money-shooters are!

Comment

Honestly - I really don't care what we do as long as we get a weekly shot going again.

I think it was good for folks to have some challenge, that would get them out for at least a few shots. Plus it helps gauge your progress.

If folks have the room to shoot farther than what is decided on, then more power to them.

Rick

Oh & P.S.

Since it is going to be the same shot each week, I think a thread should be started & stickied, and folks can just add to it with their pictures & distance as they shoot each week.
                  Last edited by RickBarbee; 01-24-2013, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Ron Meloni View Post
                    But my yard is only 18 yards max. I'll put my target in the neighbor's yard
                    Well, you will just have to come over here and shoot with LM, Arvin & me. Maybe Doc can come.

Comment

Originally posted by RickBarbee View Post
                      Since it is going to be the same shot each week, I think a thread should be started & stickied, and folks can just add to it with their pictures & distance as they shoot each week.
                      I like this idea, kinda like a running tally to gauge progress. I've seen a similar challenge on another forum where they shoot a NFAA round or something like that every week to establish a baseline and track progression. This seems like it would be less time consuming and much easier to "score", either you're on the plate or you're off! Once you get 'em all in at one distance step back a few yards and repeat. I don't see why we couldn't do this in conjunction with an FSC as well, that way we could have a "cold start" challenge too!

Comment

OK! I just shot it here at the shop. I got pics but can't post them till I get home. I got the 10 in a row at 15yds. I got to wondering how many in a row I could do so I kept shooting. I missed the 6" circle on my 21st arrow. I'll post up pics when I get home later.

Bisch
                        Last edited by Bisch; 01-24-2013, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                          OK! I just shot it here at the shop. I got pics but can't post them till I get home. I got the 10 in a row at 15yds. I got to wondering how many in a row I could do so I kept shooting. I missed the 6" circle on my 21st arrow. I'll post up pics when I get home later.

Bisch
                          It may take me 21 arrows just to get the first one in the plate!

Comment

Bisch is on the board!

Comment

I'm in!

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post

Bisch
                                Nice shooting Bisch!

Comment

Working...
                                X