Samsung vs Apple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jwstrother View Post
    You can check your game cams on iphone/ipad as well. What more can you do with an S7?
    Been awhile since ive had an iphone, but I know I had issues with excel files, word files, pdf's, etc. This phone I havent came to anything I cant do. Iphones are likely better now then the last one I had. But those few things are what made me switch at the time.

Question though, how can you check game cams with an iphone? I thought they were a sealed unit and didnt accept sd cards?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Not true on having to replace the iPhone when the battery starts going bad. There are several places that can replace them. Batteries Plus being just one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      I'll stand corrected, then.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post
        Been awhile since ive had an iphone, but I know I had issues with excel files, word files, pdf's, etc. This phone I havent came to anything I cant do. Iphones are likely better now then the last one I had. But those few things are what made me switch at the time.

Question though, how can you check game cams with an iphone? I thought they were a sealed unit and didnt accept sd cards?

The same way you can with a Samsung. Card reader plugged into the USB port.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
          The same way you can with a Samsung. Card reader plugged into the USB port.
          Not how I do it. I actually put the mini sd card in my phone. But cool you can do that with iphones. I never knew it.

Comment

I've owned both Android and IPhone. I prefer the IPhone simply due to the ease and functionality of use. I'm sure Android phones have gotten much better in this area over the years.

With that said, I'm not a super tech person and my life doesn't revolve around my phone.

Comment

I have the S5 and it is still going strong. It is a little slow sometimes but that doesn't bother me. i got it when it first came out and have changed out the battery once and have a SD card in it for more memory.

Comment

Originally posted by 2014FusionM View Post
                I have the S5 and it is still going strong. It is a little slow sometimes but that doesn't bother me. i got it when it first came out and have changed out the battery once and have a SD card in it for more memory.
                If you're due for an upgrade, you should check into it. Verizon gave me $500 for my Note 5 towards the Note 8.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                  If you want your phone to control you, use an Apple. If you want to tell your phone what to do, use a Samsung.
                  Shane for the win!

Comment

I have used both, switched phones and platforms a lot when I was working at ATT during college..

Features/Specs wise - the android wins out. I also prefer the android operating system. That said, the vast majority of people don't need a supercomputer in their pocket so those specs really just look good on paper but don't make that much of a difference in your overall experience.

Hardware wise - the iPhone is much better. When I was working at ATT we had people come in all the time with 4 or 5 year old iPhones that were still going strong. This hardly ever happened with android phones (Samsung included). In most cases, the android phones lasted 2 years tops then it was time to get an upgrade.

Bottom line - when I was at ATT and could get phones cheap/free and stay with the latest models, I loved android and always used them. When I left ATT and wanted my phone to last a long time and not have to buy a new one every few years, I bought an iphone.

Comment

Originally posted by BURTONboy View Post

They are better with those type of files now but an excel file on any phone would be a PIA to me. I save that type of work for a computer.

Like someone else said plug in the sd card reader and check game cams all day long.

Comment

Originally posted by jwstrother View Post
                        They are better with those type of files now but an excel file on any phone would be a PIA to me. I save that type of work for a computer.

Like someone else said plug in the sd card reader and check game cams all day long.
                        Computer is easier but I dont have one. Really all my reasons are hunting related lol. Like I use excel for my sausage recipes I got off this site. Anyway, sounds like either is a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by ACCURACYINC View Post
                          If you're due for an upgrade, you should check into it. Verizon gave me $500 for my Note 5 towards the Note 8.
                          We have AT&T and I do not think that they do the upgrade thing they make you make payments on new phones, or else I would. I like my phone and it doesn't bother me that much and I like the ability to change out the battery and plugging the SD card to check cameras.

Comment

Working...
                          X