Spots on Pics?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spots on Pics?

Just got back from Big Bend and was looking at some of my photos and noticed some spots, maybe sun spots? not sure any help or suggestions would be great, thanks

It's called lens flare. Has to do with the way the sun interacts with the layers of the lens system. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare

Comment

Are you shooting w/ a Nikon D600 by chance and the spots in the same place? I can't tell on my phone. I had this problem with mine. Come to find out it was grease on the sensor. I had to send it back to Nikon and they fixed.

Good luck
      John

Comment

Originally posted by j944 View Post
        Are you shooting w/ a Nikon D600 by chance and the spots in the same place? I can't tell on my phone. I had this problem with mine. Come to find out it was grease on the sensor. I had to send it back to Nikon and they fixed.

Good luck
        John
        No I have a Pentax K-50 and the spots are not always there.

Comment

Orbs

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post
            It's called lens flare. Has to do with the way the sun interacts with the layers of the lens system. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lens_flare
            This.

Use a lens hood or your hand to prevent them. Though the shot directly at the sun will cause lens flare on 98.27% of lenses.

Comment

Originally posted by CWP View Post

So Lens Flare it is, so I need a boot that goes on my camera i guess. What would be the best and easiest way to go and is this something that would need to be put on and off as needed? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by thebowhunters View Post
                So Lens Flare it is, so I need a boot that goes on my camera i guess. What would be the best and easiest way to go and is this something that would need to be put on and off as needed? thanks
                What lens is on it?
                You can leave them on all the time, it just makes for a bulkier setup.

Comment

If it's the 18-55mm, then this is what you need Pentax Hood

Comment

Most is lens flare, but I do see what I believe to be dust on the lens as well. Easier to see on the originally posted pics instead of the low resolution MS Paint I have attached.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Looks like some lens flare and then some dust on the sensor possibly.

Comment

Working...
                      X