What Safety Harness Do Y'all Use?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elite0429 View Post
    just a heads up the tethers leaving the harness has a birth certificate and are good for 5 years.

So you're saying the harness will not function correctly?

Skinny

Comment

I use a HSS

I just bought a double ladder and it came with 2 harnesses. Pm you address and I'll send you one free if you want it

Comment

HSS bowhunter for me

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
          A climbing harness (black diamond) with climbing rope
          X2

Comment

Muddy

Comment

I used to use a jinky that came with an old stand. I won a Muddy at NWTF dinner two years ago and like it....it's a bit bulky, but I am not dying at the base of a pine tree covered in fire ants.

Comment

Originally posted by Skinny View Post
                So you're saying the harness will not function correctly?

Skinny
                Hunter Safety System is the leader in tree stand safety harnesses, rope-straps, and hunting safety accessories. The most advanced scent control technology, Elimishield HUNT, is at Hunter Safety System now.

bottom of page 9, #19

I think this is to cover themselves. they say their product is good for 5 years. after that they cant guarantee the stitching, materials, etc. to fully protect you in event of a fall

Comment

http://www.huntersafetysystem.com/co...e%20Manual.pdf

bottom of page 9, #19

I think this is to cover themselves. they say their product is good for 5 years. after that they cant guarantee the stitching, materials, etc. to fully protect you in event of a fall

Skinny

Comment

Skinny
                    19 Warning! If you have purchased this harness in a sealed package with all instructions,
                    warnings and items listed on page 3 of this instructional booklet, the harness must be
                    removed from service five years from the date of purchase. (Be sure to keep your proof
                    of purchase) If you have purchased or obtained this harness as a previously used harness, it
                    must be removed from service five years from the date of manufacture. This date is printed
                    on the tether label.
                    Page 9

can be found on their website

Comment

What Safety Harness Do Y'all Use?

19 Warning! If you have purchased this harness in a sealed package with all instructions,

warnings and items listed on page 3 of this instructional booklet, the harness must be

removed from service five years from the date of purchase. (Be sure to keep your proof

of purchase) If you have purchased or obtained this harness as a previously used harness, it

must be removed from service five years from the date of manufacture. This date is printed

on the tether label.

Page 9

can be found on their website

That's odd. Sound like BS to me. My harness appears to be in just as good a shape as the day I bought it. It's not like it gets abused. Makes no sense to me.

But thanks for the heads up.

Skinny
                      Last edited by Skinny; 09-19-2017, 09:06 PM.

Comment

HSS ulatralight. I started with the HSS vest and liked it but it's a little warm for early season. I later bought the HSS Ultralight and I like it much better.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayt22 View Post
                          Nothing
                          Please rethink that if you hunt from tree stands or ladder stands. Falls are seldom the fault of the hunter. Gear ages, fails, breaks, boots slip, steps get wet or icy, straps get chewed on by squirrels.... the list goes on.

Comment

Hunter Safety System Ultralite Flex. Picked it up on sale for $44 at academy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

That's odd. Sound like BS to me. My harness appears to be in just as good a shape as the day I bought it. It's not like it gets abused. Makes no sense to me.

But thanks for the heads up.

Skinny
                              I agree fully, as mine is in great shape too. but like mentioned, its probably to protect themselves in event of fall and something malfunctioned after the 5 years has elapsed.

Comment

Originally posted by TxAg View Post
                                A climbing harness (black diamond) with climbing rope
                                This right here. Done with tree stand harnesses.

Comment

Working...
                                X