No announcement yet.

East TX vs. West TX leases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

for me, if I had the chance to drive 5 hours vs 1.5 from Houston I make the drive. nothing like pulling up to your campsite to find some of the locals have been there mid week and helped themselves to almost all of your stuff. or cut a tree down across the road to stop you from getting to your stand. lets say 10,000 acres. two camp sites. 55 people each. well that's a good nights sleep for sure. hill country has what I want.

Comment

Poor old ETex hunters !
      Attached Files

Comment

Ain't it a shame !
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by texashunter56 View Post
          Are your serious??????

Why not? You have a guy pampering them for the neighbors...might as well get in on that like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
            Poor old ETex hunters !
            Let's be a little more realistic.
            Attached Files

Comment

I hunt in East and West Texas. If you're not a truly dedicated hunter that starts preparing for the upcoming season in February then East Texas may not be good to you.

There's not much more to add to this thread. I agree with everything GarGuy has stated. There are bigger deer in East Texas. They are just 1000 times harder to hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                Yeah, we got our freaks too ! Some of them are even deer !

Here's a poor old skinny, pencil necked freak !
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by White Falcon View Post
                  "No Deer In East Texas"
                  This guy is in East Texas and has bigger deer in his neighborhood than 80 percent of hunters will ever see on the hoof....

East Texas is hunting and if you can consistently kill deer here...then you can do it anywhere.

West Texas is shooting.

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
                    Yeah, we got our freaks too ! Some of them are even deer !

Here's a poor old skinny, pencil necked freak !

Looks like a coastal telephone pole. Probably ruts in Aug/Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by d_e_smith View Post
                      The truth really don't look good
                      Last edited by S-3 Ranch; 08-10-2017, 07:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by krisw View Post
                        Do you hunt around Paris? It seems like it rains up that way a lot more than where I am at.

Op, ask yourself this. Do you want to hunt or shoot? That's kind of what it sounds like people are getting at.
                        Nope we are west of Wichita Falls 30 minutes.

Comment

What are you calling west is the question? What county's are you looking at ?

Comment

Originally posted by Death from Above View Post
                            This guy is in East Texas and has bigger deer in his neighborhood than 80 percent of hunters will ever see on the hoof....

East Texas is hunting and if you can consistently kill deer here...then you can do it anywhere.

West Texas is shooting.

Blah blah blah you guys in that neck of the woods, are all foot work and no yardage!!! All this talk and not much on photos
                            Like I said earlier I really don't want to drive to some place that requires more time, money, effort for less results just seems counterproductive

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                              Now that is a whole different question

If you live East of 35 then West of 35 is West Texas.

If you live West of 35 then prolly a line from W. Falls to Abilene to San Angelo is Central Texas .

Anything West of that is West Texas.

I am from Abilene and to me that's the start of West Texas.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                                I think this is the biggest question of them all. To some people anything west of Abilene and Angelo is West Texas. When I lived in Lubbock everyone called it West Texas because it is in the western part of the Panhandle.

Big bodied deer in the Northern Rolling Plains and Panhandle. Pockets of big bodied deer west of Abilene and Angelo.

Comment

Working...
                                X