Originally posted by Baygall View Post
    [ATTACH]866101[/ATTACH]
    Thoughts?
    Thats an odd piece for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Baygall View Post
      [ATTACH]866101[/ATTACH]

Thoughts?

It used to look something like the pic attached. That looks like it was used to pry open clams or oysters, the twisting motion would break or wear down the sides, speculation of course. Garguy and I dig a bunch of pieces with similar breaks or wear on them at my site on the Brazos river.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

We got whacked by the flood the other day. Barely finished fixing up the house since the last one. We been running 100 miles a hour with our hair on fire. Found an opening on a dig in Bandera off the Medina. Dang I love the hill country. Scratch a kerville off of my bucket list. Next is a corner tang. Pardon the video as I made ot for those who had zero idea about what a kerville knife is and were doubting it as an artifact.

This was some kind of mix from Bullverde, montell, Marshal, frio, kerville knife, kinney blade and more.

Last edited by wal1809; 09-12-2017, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Can someone help me post photos of weekend finds

Comment

Originally posted by trooperjd View Post
            Can someone help me post photos of weekend finds
            Do you think you are having trouble because of the size of the photos?

Comment

Not sure as I am not technology savvy so I am sure it's user error. I suck at this stuff

Comment

See if this works for an ID opinion
                Attached Files

Comment

Up

Comment

Nice find!

Comment

Any idea on the above posted point. I know everyone is busy with the opening weekend and all. A group of friends have a small debate on who has guessed right. So looking for opinions from those who know more than I. Thanks

Comment

Any idea on the above posted point. I know everyone is busy with the opening weekend and all. A group of friends have a small debate on who has guessed right. So looking for opinions from those who know more than I. Thanks
                        The closest analogy I can find is either an Ellis or a Lange. I'm leaning more toward Ellis than anything else. It is a very nice and well preserved point, guessing atl atl point from the looks of it. Did you find this in Kimble County?

Comment

I would call it a Bulverde

Comment

Yes I found in Kimble county. Also the ears on each side appeared to have been broken off. Maybe that will change opinions or not. I’m not sure how big they were. Looked like a castroville but then I am a newbie so what do I know.

So far the guesses of our group are Castroville and Marcos. Not that either is correct just what has been thrown out there.
                            Last edited by trooperjd; 10-03-2017, 10:09 PM.

Comment

Got a chance to do a little looking this past weekend. Found several nice brokes but they are all beautiful trophies to me. The big tool appears to be some kind of hammer stone. Please correct me if I'm wrong. The white point with the tip missing is an Ellis I think, although there is a Marcos in my book that looks very similar. Ellis fits the proximity better. The chocolate brown knife looks very old to me. Can't type it without a base though. Anyone else find anything good this fall?
                              Attached Files

Comment

See if this works for an ID opinion
                                I would say this is a Castroville. Not a Bulverde. Bulverde will not have an expanding base.
                                Last edited by Lajita; 10-16-2017, 02:37 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X