No announcement yet.

Chaparral 2018 thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talked to guy that went said there were way over 250 standbys there.

Comment

Originally posted by brokeno View Post
      Wow... but I do believe that for a GDE hunt. especially if there is more than one card drawn.

Comment

2 cards drawn

Comment

Wow. Where the heck does that many people park. 133 musta been lined up for a mile

Comment

Chap fb page has posted pics of the deer taken.

Congrats again to all the hunters!

Comment

What's so special about this place? Low success and the success there is are small deer.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                What's so special about this place? Low success and the success there is are small deer.
                You have a point this year. Its still special.

Thats what it was this year.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

It's an opportunity for those that have never hunted South Texas to do so.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Comment

It has really gone down hill and s u c k s something awful. So many other better hunting opportunities in the state. I might not ever put in again. I hope a lot of people don’t either.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapatahorn View Post
                      First public land deer! 5.5 years old. Weighed 145 dressed. Super pumped! Now time to get my dad on one!
                      Great job!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Chapacj View Post
                        Hunted this week, shot a nice 7 pt management deer. I saw 3 warthogs first day but never again. Had a great time and met some great people

What compartment where you in that you saw the wart hogs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by FF316 View Post
                          Was there a lot of javelina seen? I got drawn for that hunt in feb. never been before and looking forward to it. Tips would be greatly appreciated.

I been hunting there for over 20 years and had great success with corn mixed with "hog wild" and not bait the whole road because they will eat it all night and nap with their full bellies. Only bait how far you can shoot from your set up and leave a few piles on potential area you wanna hunt later in the hunt..... Midday is time they are most active and not shy

Comment

I've been there when parking lot is full and only had 100 people there as stand by... Hard to believe 250 SB there

Comment

I was there on Monday. Looked at the sign in sheet. 108 standbys.

The bad part is that they drew 2 cards and 3 people got to hunt. I was nice and asked politely "if you have room for possibly 8 (2cards X 4 people) why not pick another card?" their answer was "if we pick another we could go over" I asked how if the max on card is 4? 4+3=7. Then they said well if we say and post on social media we are picking 2 cards and pick 3 then people will get upset and say they would have come if they would have known we were picking 3. I then said well nobody in this room would be upset. Doesn't seem like they are maximizing our public hunting opportunities.

Comment

Originally posted by red-fin View Post
                                I was there on Monday. Looked at the sign in sheet. 108 standbys.

The bad part is that they drew 2 cards and 3 people got to hunt. I was nice and asked politely "if you have room for possibly 8 (2cards X 4 people) why not pick another card?" their answer was "if we pick another we could go over" I asked how if the max on card is 4? 4+3=7. Then they said well if we say and post on social media we are picking 2 cards and pick 3 then people will get upset and say they would have come if they would have known we were picking 3. I then said well nobody in this room would be upset. Doesn't seem like they are maximizing our public hunting opportunities.
                                There are set compartments. I am sure they had two more pastures available from the drawn parties. They aren't going to sit down, and try to reorganize those two pastures into three, after drawing the first two cards.

Comment

Working...
                                X