A couple interesting pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple interesting pictures

We had a buck like that a few years ago. He was a really nice buck the year before we took him, but we didn’t expect him to survive another year. His live weight was only 70 lbs. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6191.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	24547209Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6198.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	24547210

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Shurshot View Post
      We had a buck like that a few years ago. He was a really nice buck the year before we took him, but we didn’t expect him to survive another year. His live weight was only 70 lbs. [ATTACH]917421[/ATTACH][ATTACH]917422[/ATTACH]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Poor guy. I'm gonna take that lumpy jawed doe this year if I can, mainly so it doesn't get any worse.

Comment

I had a doe like that. I first saw her with the problem two seasons ago. She had a fawn this past season but I guess the fawn must have drug the doe down and she did not make it.

Comment

I shot one like this years ago around brady / brownwood... thought she may have been shot in the face and thats how it healed, guess now i know its lumpy worm jaw.

Nice looking bucks especially Mr. G2

Comment

Buck #2 has a lump on his paunch

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
              Buck #2 has a lump on his paunch
              I saw that also

Comment

Lumpy Jaw is an arterial worm infection, that doe does not have that, she has a food impaction. The buck just has a sub-cutaneous cyst. No big worry.

Comment

Originally posted by Hawkpuppy 1 View Post
                  Lumpy Jaw is an arterial worm infection, that doe does not have that, she has a food impaction. The buck just has a sub-cutaneous cyst. No big worry.
                  According to the article I posted in post no. 10, they are the same thing. The arterial worm causes paralysis and food becomes impacted. And.....how can you diagnose that from a trail camera picture ? Educate me.

Comment

Just from seeing it in pen deer for 16 years. Sometimes it can be worm related, other times food just gets stuck and then keeps slowly getting added to over time

Comment

Working...
                    X