Sig 365 issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sig 365 issues

Bought a new Sig 365 and it shoots low & left bad. Can't hit an 18"x 24" target at 30'. Anyone had this issue? My son & I have both shot 100 rounds each from it. I have 4 other pistols we both shoot with no issues. The Sig has changeable sights but not adjustable sights if that makes any sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Let someone else shoot it too.
      Attached Files

Comment

I have been thinking of picking up a 365 . Will have to follow this .

Comment

On the pie chart. A former Delta operator named John McPhee said it's mostly bull sheeaatt and only leads to confusion and frustration.
          He'll diagnose your issues in about 10 minutes, with an e-mailed video.
          Look him up if you're interested.
          He specializes in slaughtering sacred cows.
          He cannot trace the "pie chart" to it's origin, and surmises it's something that was pulled out of someone's arse.

Comment

Sounds like a trigger issue to me, it is nearly impossible to have a handgun off that far at 30'. I've never shot a Sig but I have heard the triggers are horrible to get used to. I could be wrong, but something major would have to be wrong with it which is possible.

Comment

Try getting a 12rd mag for it. It completely changes the feel of the gun, you'll have a much better grip than with the factory 10rd mags.

Comment

Thanks for all the input. I looked up "Low & left" and got the same pie charts. Strange thing is we both can change to a Beretta .40, S&W 357, Ruger 9mm, Browning Buckmark .22 and don't have any problems with good shot placement.

Comment

Originally posted by arrowsmack324 View Post
                  Try getting a 12rd mag for it. It completely changes the feel of the gun, you'll have a much better grip than with the factory 10rd mags.
                  Thanks. I did buy one of those & I do like the grip better but still have the same problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
                    Let someone else shoot it too.
                    Good idea. My Dad & my FIL were Marines. Those guys could out shoot me any day. One is 84 & the other is 81. I bet they still got it.

Comment

Contact SIG, get their take. They will probably have you send it in for new sites and test fire

OR

take to gunsmith

Comment

I carry my 365 everyday. I can shoot it as well as my Glock 19 with all three of the different magazines it comes with. I agree about having someone else shoot it before contacting Sig. They're great pistols. I think you will be happy with it once you get everything figured out.
                        Last edited by Arrowthreat; 06-26-2019, 06:55 AM.

Comment

I think you pointed out very well, that this isn't a problem of your shooting, because you and your son shoot other pistols fine. This is a good spot to discuss the p365 issues. I've had mine for over a year now, and this is what I've dealt with. First, it's very easy to inadvertently press the slide release during firing, which can lead to the slide not locking open on an empty mag. This still happens to me, despite trying not to do it. Second, I had a bad mag initially that didn't always lock the slide open. That one was replaced by Sig. Lastly, after about 1000 rounds, I started getting double feeds (failure to eject), and had to send the gun back in to Sig. They replaced the extractor, which was bent, and the extractor and recoil springs. IMHO, this is not a gun that will withstand a lot of shooting without occasional issues. That being said, it's my EDC and I shoot it very well. I have plenty of confidence in it, but I know that I'll be replacing parts occasionally.

Comment

Interesting....I would reach out to SIG because mine is probably the most accurate micro I have or have ever had. While I carry it with the 10rd mag I do definitely shoot it better with the 12rd mag. Wish I would have taken pics of the 12 yard grouping to show the accuracy the last time at the range.

As with any gun (but especially the micros) the ergonomics and just how it fits and feels in your hand will affect your accuracy downrange. The backstrap and beavertail of the P365’s grip is cut so that it sits and feels perfect in my hand. Out of habit I added some Talon grips which I do to all of my micros. That sure wasn’t necessary though and actually had a negligible effect because the stock grips on the P365 are already very aggressive.

Again, I’m impressed by the inherent accuracy of this gun. Especially for a firearm this size. It definitely shoots like a larger framed gun IMO.

Comment

there is no real keyboard answer,,,,, yes it can be the gun, so always try the simplest things first,,, different ammo,,, different shooters would be next..

also the pie chart tends to be very accurate,,, i spent 25 years as a police firearms instructor,,,, the majority of accuracy issues are caused by the shooter but majority never means all either...

the small grip on the pistols does lend itself to a poor grip just like a desert eagle's overly large grip causes problems for some..... any gun that fits the hand properly will generally be shot better by that person than anyone who does not like the feel of it...

sure sights can be the problem,,, but without the use of a ransom rest it's going to be hard to determine,,, and the ransom rest will tell the truth ,,,,, if it is not a barrel issue...... ammo, people, and gun in that order to determine the problem

Comment

Working...
                              X