TBH Cycling Thread - 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DFA View Post
    Thanks Clark, I guess I missed that. I'm Brett Hudgins on there. I mostly do mountain bike DORBA trails, and am down to ride in the DFW area pretty much anyday if anyone is interested.
    Welcome Brett.
    We got 70 bow hunters in our Strava group now.

Comment

Originally posted by Clark View Post
      Welcome Brett.
      We got 70 bow hunters in our Strava group now.
      Just joined the group as well.

Comment

How many Strava premium peeps use Beacon or Garmin live track as a safety feature?

After Breaking 3 ribs in one crash and my neck (c3/c4) in another last year , I find it nice to know if I eat it hard someone might come and find me lol..

Beacon is pretty cool.

Comment

I've used Beacon in the past and do if I only have my phone on me.
          I use the Lezyne equivalent (can't remember what it's called), which isn't as slick an interface as Beacon on her end but does include all my data (HR, power, speed, etc.) so at least she can tell my heart is still beating!
          I know that the Garmin units have a crash detection and alert feature that sounds pretty cool.

Comment

In other cycling news I won the State Championship jersey in my category (Open SS) and am super stoked about that!!
            It was a goal I set for the year and have been working hard at all season (8-race points series).

Comment

Originally posted by meltingfeather View Post
              In other cycling news I won the State Championship jersey in my category (Open SS) and am super stoked about that!!
              It was a goal I set for the year and have been working hard at all season (8-race points series).
              What the heck is your name brother!!

And a huge congrats on the SS title!! Jason Wipf has been killing it on a SS this year in C3 40-49..He came in 2nd in the XC series.

I have only been riding for a year and half, started taking things a little more serious 2 months ago. TMBRA Cat 3 40-49 managed a 6th Place finish in the State Championship, next year I will be on the top of the box.
              Last edited by Tuffbroadhead; 05-22-2018, 09:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tuffbroadhead View Post
                What the heck is your name brother!!

And a huge congrats on the SS title!! Jason Wipf has been killing it on a SS this year in C3 40-49..He came in 2nd in the XC series.

I have only been riding for a year and half, started taking things a little more serious 2 months ago. TMBRA Cat 3 40-49 managed a 6th Place finish in the State Championship, next year I will be on the top of the box.
                Top line
                Thanks!

Winning State is a great goal... best of luck to you.

Comment

I ride a Giant TCR road bike and, every now and again, a Giant Yukon mountain bike. I just joined the Strava group. Scott Sharman is my name.

This year I will ride two MS 150's, Hotter N' Hell, and a handful of regional rides. The Burleson Honeytour is this weekend.
                  Last edited by FamousAmos; 05-23-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

I need to find the strava group, just re-downloaded it

Comment

What Lights are peeps running?

I have a RAKClighting.com 3000 lumen Theia mounted on my helmet and so far it is NICE! Think the two coolest features are changeable lense and the Handlebar mount remote to vary the power outputs or turn it off and on.

https://www.rakclighting.com/collect...bike-light-kit

Comment

What Lights are peeps running?

I have a RAKClighting.com 3000 lumen Theia mounted on my helmet and so far it is NICE! Think the two coolest features are changeable lense and the Handlebar mount remote to vary the power outputs or turn it off and on.

https://www.rakclighting.com/collect...bike-light-kit
                        $164, I am building a bike. I am going to have to put that off for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Speedgoat View Post
                          $164, I am building a bike. I am going to have to put that off for a bit.

Cant wait till ya get home and get it all put together, we will have to go to Pace bend and tear it up bro!!

Comment

Cant wait till ya get home and get it all put together, we will have to go to Pace bend and tear it up bro!!
                            Heck yes we will!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

In, but way behind most of you. Picked up a Giant Yukon from Sierracharlie338 that was offered on my thread. Have to say riding a properly sized, quality bike is a whole other animal. First time I have been on anything but a cheap Academy special. Helmet recommendations? The less it looks like a mushroom head road bike helmet the better. Goal is to get in shape and be able to ride trails and parks around Austin etc with trips to the Colorado and New Mexico thrown in for more aggressive stuff. Thinking of spending the coin on a good helmet and be set up. Open to thoughts. Admit I don't like wearing one, but don't really want to fall and smack my head on a rock either.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                In, but way behind most of you. Picked up a Giant Yukon from Sierracharlie338 that was offered on my thread. Have to say riding a properly sized, quality bike is a whole other animal. First time I have been on anything but a cheap Academy special. Helmet recommendations? The less it looks like a mushroom head road bike helmet the better. Goal is to get in shape and be able to ride trails and parks around Austin etc with trips to the Colorado and New Mexico thrown in for more aggressive stuff. Thinking of spending the coin on a good helmet and be set up. Open to thoughts. Admit I don't like wearing one, but don't really want to fall and smack my head on a rock either.
                                I have a couple of Louis Garneau Quartz helmets that I use for both road and MTB. Fit to me is just as good if not better than Gyro. I would think like a handgun it's about how it feels.

Good luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X