help me disconnect from cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wes122984 View Post
    it may take some time to find the exact channels but im sure they are out there.

the way I do it is find my favorites and create a shortcut to them and label the channel.

phoenix has a hunting channel lineup with hunting fishing ect, pursuit , outdoor ect.

sports devil has a ton of stuff-just have to sort though the thousands of channels and favorite the ones you like.

when it comes to live tv, you basically build out the exact channel lineup you want via a few sources. theres only a few things I just like to watch live (games, fights ect) anything else I don't mind waiting until the next day and watching prerecorded episodes.
    That's the same way I set mine up. I downloaded the "beast build" first and got the hang of how things worked. Then I just deleted it and decided to set it up myself. I knew phoenix offered some outdoor programming, I just didn't know if maybe you knew of some that I didn't.

Comment

Originally posted by hightech View Post
      Tons of good info in this thread but not sure how this benefits anyone.
      It made me feel awesome.

Comment

Everyone has pretty much covered everything. Digital antenna and Google chromecast, you don't need much else. I like Google Chromecast, because you don't need a remote or go through menus. Pull it up on your phone, tablet or computer and just hit the cast button. Anything you can see on your phone or tablet comes up on your TV. For some things like Amazon or Kodi, you have to cast your device screen to the TV, but with a really high speed router, it works great.

All that being said, im still stuck with DirectTV myself. Cant get those Astros and Rocket games online. I have tried streaming on online apps, but quality is terrible.
        Last edited by crawdaddct; 04-25-2016, 12:46 PM.

Comment

Hey guys, Im going internet only mid may (waiting on Frontier to do some upgrade so I can get 150/150). Do these builds include all the free content? I have a HTPC Im going to use.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
            Hey guys, Im going internet only mid may (waiting on Frontier to do some upgrade so I can get 150/150). Do these builds include all the free content? I have a HTPC Im going to use.
            you can download my custom build - its loaded.
            repo source is http://******-box.com/repo

after install open it under programs and run it for the wizard to build it for you.

Comment

you can download my custom build - its loaded.
              repo source is http://******-box.com/repo

after install open it under programs and run it for the wizard to build it for you.
              Help me out here.... did you get censored?

I just loaded up Kodi and i'm trying to watch a tv show but the quality on all of these streams are pretty bad quality. Fast internet connection here, would be surprised if that was the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
                Yes and much more. Everything that was loaded on the build I started with was free. I used the "beast" build (Google lol) for about 2 weeks, got the hang of how things worked, then deleted it and built my own set up to suit me.

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                  Help me out here.... did you get censored?

I just loaded up Kodi and i'm trying to watch a tv show but the quality on all of these streams are pretty bad quality. Fast internet connection here, would be surprised if that was the problem.

Yes I did lol

It's http://badabb-box.com/repo replace the bb with ss

Comment

Yes I did lol

10-4. Loading it up now. Thx

Comment

Originally posted by ttubudd View Post
                      10-4. Loading it up now. Thx

Cool- please let me know your thoughts on it

Comment

Yes I did lol

some screens
                        Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Thanks for the help guys.. I loaded Kodi on my HTPC. I will have to get the hang of it. Using Beast right now but will try your's Wes. Exodus seems to have everything. Im going internet only on May 26... I hope this will save me money so I don't have to pay for Hulu/Sling. I newsgroup most of the popular shows.

Comment

Originally posted by Cajun Blake View Post
                              grab a pitcher sweet tea, read this thread and take notes

you're welcome

http://www.tigerdroppings.com/rant/t...r-op/61842745/
                              Saved

Comment

if using wifi you will only get about 1/2 of your speed on a constant basis so get as much as you can where the pricing makes sense. 10-15mbps is plenty speed for on demand shows/movies. much higher is needed/better for live tv.25-30 at least.

mine is limited to 350gb per month and I use 200-250 normally watching nothing but streaming with h264 devices.

I ordered a bunch of new boxes that use h265 encoding which uses 1/2 the data most streaming devices. they are built specifically for running kodi and constant streaming. also working on a custom build out of the kodi software. movies, tv shows, live tv, sports and hunting/fishing. plug and play ready to go.

I will have them ready to ship out hopefully by the end of next week.

Let me tell y'all, I have been running a Kodi loaded box for the past six months and love it though the build is a little hard to navigate and WAY over priced (I paid $300-impulse buy at a show).

I picked up one of Wes' builds for the sunroom and oh my gosh, it is awesome! Easy to navigate and loaded with everything I love! We like it so much, I ordered another to replace this other one in the living room. If you are riding the fence on getting one, just do it! You can thank me later

Comment

Working...
                                X