Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2017, 09:31 PM   #1551
rocky
Pope & Young
 
rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lake Fork
quicktime video

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
You pasted a buck with over 20pts? Fiddy must be special


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
He was crazy looking. i hope to get pics of him. It was pretty late and i actually thought he was a NT that i knew with a stick stuck across his horns. turned out to be some weird beam that went all the way across his spread and crossed the main beam on the other side. I might shoot him if he comes back so ii can get a better look. i really dont know how many points he had. I thought a bunch of them were part off a bush in his horns. he didnt have anything in his horns...
pics please
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 09:33 PM   #1552
BW96
Eight Point
 
BW96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Public and wood county
Default

I remember how this went last time.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
BW96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 10:03 PM   #1553
woodsman
Ten Point
 
woodsman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Garland
Hunt In: . . . the re-public . . . of Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
pics please
please don't Rocky. You know how everyone feels about challenging one another for proof. Everyone seems to be enjoying this long-running dialogue in good faith alone. Please join us in that spirit. I hope I end up with egg on my face and made an incorrect assumption of your intent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW96 View Post
I remember how this went last time.....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Me, too...
woodsman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 10:08 PM   #1554
rocky
Pope & Young
 
rocky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Lake Fork
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodsman View Post
please don't Rocky. You know how everyone feels about challenging one another for proof. Everyone seems to be enjoying this long-running dialogue in good faith alone. Please join us in that spirit. I hope I end up with egg on my face and made an incorrect assumption of your intent.

Me, too...
your assumptions are not incorrect, but I will respect your request and bow out.
rocky is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #1555
BW96
Eight Point
 
BW96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Public and wood county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
your assumptions are not incorrect, but I will respect your request and bow out.
Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
BW96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #1556
TxDispatcher
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Conroe, Tx
Hunt In: East Texas Pineywoods, Austin County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
your assumptions are not incorrect, but I will respect your request and bow out.
Thank you
TxDispatcher is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 08:09 AM   #1557
fishingsetx
Ten Point
 
fishingsetx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: silsbee, tx
Hunt In: silsbee and evadale, tx
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky View Post
your assumptions are not incorrect, but I will respect your request and bow out.
I wanted to say thank you as well. I have really enjoyed following this discussion and a comment like this is rare as hens teeth these days. Thank you again.

Guns have only two enemies: rust and politicians!
fishingsetx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 09:33 AM   #1558
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
We had to start building feed pens to hand corn in, it was so discouraging feeding and the hogs cleaned it up in one night. We use 4 50 inch x16 ft panels cut in half. Itís a one time investment of 140. Or so. We were feeding the hogs that much every two weeks.no feeders. Just pour sacks of corn in the pen and your ready to go !!! Wade
I'm assuming T post how far apart was your spacing you haven't had problems with them try to root under it

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 11:05 AM   #1559
MedicineMan7
Eight Point
 
MedicineMan7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: OKLAHOMA
Hunt In: Anywhere they let me in!
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade View Post
We had to start building feed pens to hand corn in, it was so discouraging feeding and the hogs cleaned it up in one night. We use 4 50 inch x16 ft panels cut in half. Itís a one time investment of 140. Or so. We were feeding the hogs that much every two weeks.no feeders. Just pour sacks of corn in the pen and your ready to go !!! Wade
I've been thinking of doing this myself. So basically you have a 16ft long panel that is 25" tall? Have you had any issues with bigger pigs trying to go over it?
MedicineMan7 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 11:09 AM   #1560
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etxnoodler View Post
How big and what size panels is that feeder pen if you don't mind me asking?
Its not a feeder pen. i started building hand corn pens. that one is 36x16 with hog panels. i cut the wire down to two ft in a spot that puts the deer broad side to the stand. So far no hog has gotten in. My most recent pens are only two ft tall and the deer jump in them much more readily. Hogs still have not tried to cross the wire even though they come and look in.

Im taking two cattle 16ft panels and splitting them down the middle. that makes a four sided pen 16x16
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 11:25 AM   #1561
AgHntr10
Pope & Young
 
AgHntr10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Shepherd
Hunt In: Where the thieves and poachers roam
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Its not a feeder pen. i started building hand corn pens. that one is 36x16 with hog panels. i cut the wire down to two ft in a spot that puts the deer broad side to the stand. So far no hog has gotten in. My most recent pens are only two ft tall and the deer jump in them much more readily. Hogs still have not tried to cross the wire even though they come and look in.

Im taking two cattle 16ft panels and splitting them down the middle. that makes a four sided pen 16x16
I have been contemplating doing that with a 52" cattle panel making 26" tall pens. I just wasn't sure if the hogs would stay out or not.
AgHntr10 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 11:45 AM   #1562
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgHntr10 View Post
I have been contemplating doing that with a 52" cattle panel making 26" tall pens. I just wasn't sure if the hogs would stay out or not.
Yeah it works fine. Not saying hogs cant tear in ut so far ii have not had one do so. Cut the wire between the cross wires . You will be able to tap the sharp ends three inches into the ground and really help hold it in place..
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 11:50 AM   #1563
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jooger17 View Post
Sounds like the juice to me. Careful how you go in and out and youíll get him killed there.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have a similar spot like Etxbuckman does that i found just recently. Is it too late to try to start a handcorn spot and hang a treestand?

I already have a stand setup on a ridge about 100 yards to the east up the path from the actual creek crossing. The creek runs at an angle (northeast to southwest) so its only 80 yard north and 100 yards to the west where it crosses an old abandon road.

I guess my main question is should i risk trying to get closer or stay on the ridge that runs parallel with the creek? I have not gone down in there other than to hang my set two weeks before opener. I was saving it for the rut which is fast approaching. We should have fast action here in the next week or so.
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 11:56 AM   #1564
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

What are y'all calling ridges? Pretty flat where I'm at? How much of an elevation change would be considered a ridge?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 12:01 PM   #1565
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
What are y'all calling ridges? Pretty flat where I'm at? How much of an elevation change would be considered a ridge?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk


The one i am referencing is about a 15 foot elevation change.
In this pic, im at the bottom with the same creek to my back. Just down a little ways from my other set. This is one of my rifle sets.

Im hunting the same ridge, but down to the left about 100 yards.



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 12:49 PM   #1566
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
I have a similar spot like Etxbuckman does that i found just recently. Is it too late to try to start a handcorn spot and hang a treestand?

I already have a stand setup on a ridge about 100 yards to the east up the path from the actual creek crossing. The creek runs at an angle (northeast to southwest) so its only 80 yard north and 100 yards to the west where it crosses an old abandon road.

I guess my main question is should i risk trying to get closer or stay on the ridge that runs parallel with the creek? I have not gone down in there other than to hang my set two weeks before opener. I was saving it for the rut which is fast approaching. We should have fast action here in the next week or so.
I'd do it. I had a spot about 50 yards behind my feeder- I actually walk right by it to my new location- that I got going in mid-December of last year. I had deer on it within a week, including one real nice 9-point that never once came to my feeder, even though you could just about throw a stone from one place to another.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #1567
bloodstick
Ten Point
 
bloodstick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Hunt In: All over Texas
Default

The one i was talking about does not have a feeder on it. Its actually overlooking a thicket on the old road.
In this pic, the creek crosses 100 yards away. (Took this picture the day i set this stand and have not been back since sept 12) If i look straight ahead, the creek is about 80 yards.
There are no rubs or scrapes on the old road but there are many trails coming from the creek that pop out 20 yards from base of the tree. I just font have any proof of bucks using the area. I set this up by using topo maps and setup over oak trees. Gambled on the deer traveling the ridge instead of the creek bed.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bloodstick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 01:26 PM   #1568
gigem95
Ten Point
 
gigem95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: College Station, TX
Hunt In: Grimes,Montgomery,Waller County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
The one i was talking about does not have a feeder on it. Its actually overlooking a thicket on the old road.
In this pic, the creek crosses 100 yards away. (Took this picture the day i set this stand and have not been back since sept 12) If i look straight ahead, the creek is about 80 yards.
There are no rubs or scrapes on the old road but there are many trails coming from the creek that pop out 20 yards from base of the tree. I just font have any proof of bucks using the area. I set this up by using topo maps and setup over oak trees. Gambled on the deer traveling the ridge instead of the creek bed.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Sure looks like a good spot.
gigem95 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 01:55 PM   #1569
BigThicketBoy
Pope & Young
 
BigThicketBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Barbers Hill Tx
Hunt In: Hardin Co
Default

I know up around Sam Rayburn we have ridges.
I guess they will use any rise to travel? I think someone told me a ridge running east { west was the best??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
BigThicketBoy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 02:34 PM   #1570
Etxbuckman
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Spring
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThicketBoy View Post
I know up around Sam Rayburn we have ridges.
I guess they will use any rise to travel? I think someone told me a ridge running east { west was the best??

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
In NE TX it's much hillier so ridges are more defined and easy to identify. I think in the area where I primarily hunt closer to Trinity to say "ridge" is a relative term.
Etxbuckman is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 02:39 PM   #1571
Capt.Bryan
Ten Point
 
Capt.Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Brady
Default

On my old lease the bucks would cruise parallel to creeks and drains and if it was dry they would travel up and down the middle of those creeks.
Capt.Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 05:50 PM   #1572
jooger17
Pope & Young
 
jooger17's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Lufkin, Tx
Hunt In: San Saba, Angelina, Trinity, Houston, Nacadoches Counties, Kansas and Alaska
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodstick View Post
I have a similar spot like Etxbuckman does that i found just recently. Is it too late to try to start a handcorn spot and hang a treestand?



I already have a stand setup on a ridge about 100 yards to the east up the path from the actual creek crossing. The creek runs at an angle (northeast to southwest) so its only 80 yard north and 100 yards to the west where it crosses an old abandon road.



I guess my main question is should i risk trying to get closer or stay on the ridge that runs parallel with the creek? I have not gone down in there other than to hang my set two weeks before opener. I was saving it for the rut which is fast approaching. We should have fast action here in the next week or so.


No such thing as too late to hand corn. Throw some out, hang a camera, donít check it too often, when one gets regular go kill him.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jooger17 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-13-2017, 06:21 PM   #1573
texasdeerhunter
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
On my old lease the bucks would cruise parallel to creeks and drains and if it was dry they would travel up and down the middle of those creeks.
This is what our bucks do. They cruise creeks like they are highways. I wounded a buck last year, he could have ran straight into the thickest pine thicket around, but he choose to escape via a creek. I trailed him over 500 yards until he got to the neighbors property, so I stopped. He's still alive btw, I'm hunting him again this year. But my point being, he felt the safest using a Creek as his escape route because he was most familiar with it
texasdeerhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 12:23 PM   #1574
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Well the little deer with the thing that looked like a stick in his horns came in again this morning. he still has the weird main beam but it IS a stick. I passed him tuesday and he had that stick all polished up with little points all over it.

It must be stuck in there pretty good. he has worn most of the branches of now though.
Attached Images
  
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 12:51 PM   #1575
JayB
Ten Point
 
JayB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rowlett
Hunt In: Cass County
Default

He has that lodged in there just right. Next time, just reach out and pull that out for him. He'll be your best friend.

oh look...what is that?
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 01:00 PM   #1576
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
He has that lodged in there just right. Next time, just reach out and pull that out for him. He'll be your best friend.

oh look...what is that?
Its shiny polished jsst the color of his horns. When it had short little branches on it, it almost got him shot.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 01:51 PM   #1577
axisbuck
Ten Point
 
axisbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Lometa Lampasas
Default

Could easily e mistaken fo antlers esp if you are
rifle hunting 100 Yards away. He looks like he’s big bodied too.
axisbuck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 02:00 PM   #1578
BW96
Eight Point
 
BW96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Public and wood county
Default

That'd be a cool mount if he was a little bigger. Also, twiggy 10 would be a fitting name for him.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
BW96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 02:05 PM   #1579
BW96
Eight Point
 
BW96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Public and wood county
Default

Or is that lucky that you posted earlier in the year?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
BW96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-14-2017, 04:51 PM   #1580
Backwoods101
Pope & Young
 
Backwoods101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Needville
Hunt In: Brazoria/Fort Bend county, Harper
Default

Oh snap! That twig is gonna get him smoked! Then the worst ground shrinkage ever is going to break some poor hunters heart, especially if he knocks it off as he crashes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Backwoods101 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2017, 07:51 PM   #1581
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoods101 View Post
Oh snap! That twig is gonna get him smoked! Then the worst ground shrinkage ever is going to break some poor hunters heart, especially if he knocks it off as he crashes.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah....when that stick had a big starburst of "points" on it....Almost got him shot at last light
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2017, 08:22 PM   #1582
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

That is amazing! I have a good 10 coming into one of my sets now, and got a pic of him with a bunch of extra "points", but fortunately for him, the points still has some of their leaves attached!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-15-2017, 08:58 PM   #1583
RockTippedStick
Eight Point
 
RockTippedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: College Station
Hunt In: Liberty, Tyler, Polk and Clay counties
Default

I shot a buck opening weekend gun two years ago. Came out of a draw walking the edge of the woods at about 150 yrds and had some branches in his antlers. I could tell he was old enough and thought it was a big eight that had been hanging around with the morning sun shining on him. Well turned out he was a smaller eight we had on camera too that i would have given another year but still a good deer. Those branches got him shot and saved his friend.
RockTippedStick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 12:14 PM   #1584
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
That is amazing! I have a good 10 coming into one of my sets now, and got a pic of him with a bunch of extra "points", but fortunately for him, the points still has some of their leaves attached!
That thing has been in there at least five days. see the big drop tine off the left side? he had several of those. That stick is polished and chocolate brown.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #1585
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Man, my trigger finger was all curled up this morning when I left the house in the dark for work!! May play hooky in the morning... That north east wind is good for me...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 PM   #1586
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

I keep checkin' this thread hopin' to see an LDP of fiddy...
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:05 PM   #1587
jakeb03
Ten Point
 
jakeb03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Waco
Hunt In: McLennan, Tom Green, Schliecher, Bosque County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
I keep checkin' this thread hopin' to see an LDP of fiddy...


Same!!!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jakeb03 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:09 PM   #1588
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Im giving the Fiddy stand a little rest. hes still coming in broad daylight while Im not there. Im after a deer I call Airhead this evening. Seven year old 8pt. he actually threw a short g4 on his left beam this year. Hes a dandy.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #1589
Antlers86
Associate Sponsor
 
Antlers86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Athens
Hunt In: Jack/Coleman/Henderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Im giving the Fiddy stand a little rest. hes still coming in broad daylight while Im not there. Im after a deer I call Airhead this evening. Seven year old 8pt. he actually threw a short g4 on his left beam this year. Hes a dandy.
Good luck!
Antlers86 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:15 PM   #1590
jakeb03
Ten Point
 
jakeb03's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Waco
Hunt In: McLennan, Tom Green, Schliecher, Bosque County
Default

Goodluck!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jakeb03 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:18 PM   #1591
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Airhead
Attached Images
 
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:19 PM   #1592
jjaimes
Ten Point
 
jjaimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Beaumont,TX
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Im giving the Fiddy stand a little rest. hes still coming in broad daylight while Im not there. Im after a deer I call Airhead this evening. Seven year old 8pt. he actually threw a short g4 on his left beam this year. Hes a dandy.
Good luck this evening!
jjaimes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:20 PM   #1593
jjaimes
Ten Point
 
jjaimes's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Beaumont,TX
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Airhead
What a Stud!
jjaimes is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:24 PM   #1594
SaltwaterSlick
Pope & Young
 
SaltwaterSlick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Default

Yessir, that IS a biggun!! Good luck sir!
SaltwaterSlick is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:26 PM   #1595
TildenHunter
Pope & Young
 
TildenHunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Houston
Hunt In: Tilden & Utopia
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Airhead
That is an incredible buck. Good luck!
TildenHunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:28 PM   #1596
Capt.Bryan
Ten Point
 
Capt.Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Liberty
Hunt In: Brady
Default

How old is airhead Steve? 8+
Capt.Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #1597
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TildenHunter View Post
That is an incredible buck. Good luck!
Thanks.. he aint Fiddy but the good news is, hes in a different county than Fiddy so if i should get lucky on Airhead, its back to Fiddy..
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM   #1598
BW96
Eight Point
 
BW96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Public and wood county
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Airhead
The night time pictures you posted earlier in the year did not do him justice. He's a toad. Good luck.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
BW96 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:31 PM   #1599
GarGuy
Pope & Young
 
GarGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt.Bryan View Post
How old is airhead Steve? 8+

Pretty sure hes seven. Definately no younger than seven. he lost some tine length off hiss left G2 this year but hes still a stud.
GarGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 10-16-2017, 02:40 PM   #1600
offthemap
Eight Point
 
offthemap's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Tyler
Hunt In: Houston, Anderson, Cherokee, Smith, Callahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GarGuy View Post
Pretty sure hes seven. Definately no younger than seven. he lost some tine length off hiss left G2 this year but hes still a stud.
Good looking deer. Hope you ground check him!
offthemap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com