My first feathers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first feathers

I bought a Bitzenburger to do feathers on my GT Traditionals and these are my first attempt. Not the color I would normally choose but the only ones the shop had that I cared for.

My arrow (3555) is 433 gr at 29", 125 gr point with 50 gr brass insert. Bow is 44# @ 28". They fly well and I'm improving. I know that many like a heavier arrow. What do you folks think?

Shots at 15 yds.

great group... as for myself I like all three of my feathers the same color. They always look like they are wobbling when they are more than one color

Comment

the look good, i too like my all the same color but for a different reason. i tend to wear out the bottome feather faster then the rest so i will just turn the nock to the next feather when i notice any wear.
      and white is always good to see blood on.

Comment

Hey thanks for the comments. On my compound arrows I shoot all white. I will probably do the same with these arrows.

Comment

Good looking arrows and a nice group. I started building my own arrows last year and I really like it. Gives me something to do and I tend to mess around with tuning more now. I have gone to all the same colors but it is cause I will buy feathers here and there and I end up with such different coloers, they never seem to go together. Therefore, I just fletch em all the same till I run out of that particular color.

Comment

Looks good. White is a good color, at least you can see it in low light conditions. I also use a white nock.

Comment

Working...
            X