Internature Viper Longbows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are this longbows good for begginers. I saw them on a catalog and they seem kind of nice and priced real low. I'm thinking of starting to shoot traditional just for fun maybe small game. Would 45lbs be good for starter's and what kind of arrows should I use, aluminum or carbon. Should I shoot split finger or three under.
    Thanks
    stx bowhunter

I don't know much about those bows, but 45"s would be a good starter weight. Carbon arrows are the most durable and are what most guys have gone to shoooting. At 45#'s you'd need either a 35/55 in Goldtip or a 500 spine weight in easton or beman and then would probably have to add a little extra tip weight. As far as shooting split or 3 under it is really your preference. Its probably a little easier starting out 3 under because the arrow is right under your eye and your sight path is a little better. There was a sticky under Trad section that explains in a litttle more detail. Good luck and there are a lot of good folks here with great info..

Comment

Good post Mark, I can't add anything to that except get a bow and start shooting......it is a ton of fun.

Comment

I bought one on clearance at Cabelas about 3 months ago for 149$ the bow shoots fine but finish and fit is a little rough, I plan on retillering and trapping the limbs mostly to reduce poundage then a camo paint job and off to the woods.

Comment

I bought one for my son. It's a nice bow, for no more that it cost. He really liked it, and thats what mattered the most. It shoots good.

Comment

It shoots good.
            Agreed...well with everything else posted aboce too.

I shot one once, it was very smooth and for the price it'd be real tough to beat.

Comment

Thank you Guys for all the help and tips you have shared with me. I'll let you all know how It goes once I purchase my longbow. One more thing is there any problems with the website some how my avatar got changed to rudy s. instead of reading stx bowhunter when I started this thread.
              Thanks again and God Bless

Comment

You Know for a few dollars more you might think about a Bear Montana a good lower cost bow with a better appointments.

Comment

Thanks Restless I'll just might do that. Don't know many people who shoot Bear Longbows.

Comment

I had one (a Bear montana) and sold it to pay for another. Wish I didnt.

Comment

Working...
                    X