Grim Reapers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1FowlHnTR View Post
    Well here is the first negative post....I think they are JUNK....I had one not open on a og on my grandparents land and cost me a hog, an arrow, and the broadhead. NO Penetration when it didn't open up, hog ran away with 20" of arrow sticking out of him sqeualing like crazy arrow flopping away.
    I had a problem twice with the grim reapers, but i realized later that the blades were old and had been my practice BHs. If you have used the BH more than a couple times and have not sharpened the blades you will reduce the performance. I assume this was not a fresh out of the package BH in your case.

Always clean your mechanical heads after a kill, solves a lot of problems with blades sticking.

I LOVE Grim Reapers. Watch'em Drop is right! My GF shot her first deer with a 40# bow this year and a grim reaper. The spike ran 10 yards, turned to look at the pink arrow stuck in him and dropped. Unbelievable. I will always hunt with these BHs where they are legal.

Comment

Fully deployed entrance hole
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336753620.162491.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	24072528
      fully deployed exit hole
      Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1336753677.354768.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	63.5 KB
ID:	24072529

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
        I will post a comment that will get bashed by one poster, but if you did not find the hog, arrow or BH, there is no way that you can say the BH did not open. Sorry, but this is what you call blaming the BH for a poor shot and you are not the first to do it. Not saying that the BH did or did not open, but without nay evidence such as the arrow, BH or hog, no idea what happened.
        how about asking me where it hit then instead of commenting on where you think it hit then Naysayser.....for your information the shot was tight and low behind the shoulder right where it should have been. The hog was 24 yards and broadside standing at the feeder. I KNOW the broadhead failed because neither myself nor anybody else that was in camp cold find hair, blood, nor bone at the precise location of the shot. I also know it was the broadhead because any other broadhead I have ever shot from this bow, a 2010 Bowtech Destroyer showing 65.5 lbs and shooting right at 305 with Easton axis arrows and 100 gr tips, has always gotten passthrough on other multiple deer and 2 other hogs I have shot with it. Please feel free to PM me if you have any more questions on the matter.

Comment

Originally posted by 1FowlHnTR View Post
          how about asking me where it hit then instead of commenting on where you think it hit then Naysayser.....for your information the shot was tight and low behind the shoulder right where it should have been. The hog was 24 yards and broadside standing at the feeder. I KNOW the broadhead failed because neither myself nor anybody else that was in camp cold find hair, blood, nor bone at the precise location of the shot. I also know it was the broadhead because any other broadhead I have ever shot from this bow, a 2010 Bowtech Destroyer showing 65.5 lbs and shooting right at 305 with Easton axis arrows and 100 gr tips, has always gotten passthrough on other multiple deer and 2 other hogs I have shot with it. Please feel free to PM me if you have any more questions on the matter.
          He wasnt tryin to disrespect you the way you just did him. Yes mechs can fail. No doubt.

Comment

1Fowlhntr, no disrespect, but I will stick with what said in my post. You do not have the arrow, the broadhead or the hog so you cannot positively tell anyone exactly where the arrow hit. Arrows and the eyes can play tricks on where you think they hit. Not saying that the BH did not fail, or the arrow did not hit exactly where you say, but without evidence except for what you thought you saw, no way to say for sure. Sorry, but that is the truth and I am sorry you feel the way you do and lost the hog. I have been in the same situation knowing exactly where the arrow hit, but without finding the arrow or the animal, I really do not know where it hit. I am basing this observation on 40+ years of bowhunting. I am not disrespecting you one bit, just stating what my opinion are. I have seen way to many lost animals blamed on the BH when in fact there is no evidence to back those claims up without the arrow, BH or animal.

Comment

1Fowlhntr, no disrespect, but I will stick with what said in my post. You do not have the arrow, the broadhead or the hog so you cannot positively tell anyone exactly where the arrow hit. Arrows and the eyes can play tricks on where you think they hit. Not saying that the BH did not fail, or the arrow did not hit exactly where you say, but without evidence except for what you thought you saw, no way to say for sure. Sorry, but that is the truth and I am sorry you feel the way you do and lost the hog. I have been in the same situation knowing exactly where the arrow hit, but without finding the arrow or the animal, I really do not know where it hit. I am basing this observation on 40+ years of bowhunting. I am not disrespecting you one bit, just stating what my opinion are. I have seen way to many lost animals blamed on the BH when in fact there is no evidence to back those claims up without the arrow, BH or animal.
              Well said........

Comment

Comment

well I appologize for the way I came off, but the only variable in this equation that hasn't gotten me results is the broadhead. I know the hit was where I said or dang close to it because I watched it run 50 plus yards with the arrow dangling out right behind the shoulder. Lets just agree that we disagree on this issue and quit muddling up the thread with our theories. sorry again for being an A-hole, it is just hard to get your intent across over the internet. face to face I don't think we would have had the same problem!!

Comment

I don't either, sometimes s**t happens and there is nothing we can do about it. I do agree with you on one very important aspect and it has happend to me, loose an animal with a particular BH and you loose confidence in that head and it is hard to re-use it again. Lessons we all learn at one time or another. Good luck on your future hunts and be sure and post some LDP's of your kills. I love to see LDP's no matter what the critter.

Comment

Working...
                    X