Snakeproof chaps suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Snakeproof chaps suggestions

I hunt a LONG way from any civilization and I always wear snake boots at the lease but I always think about some Boone and Crockett rattlebug being able to get above my boots. Any suggestions or input on chaps would be greatly appreciated. The Foreverlast folks are top notch and a sponsor so I'd most likely go with them but wanted to get some input first.

I’ve got a pair, don’t remember the name. All I can tell you is, they are the hottest things you will ever wear in your life! When I wore them for a couple of hours, you could litterly wring sweat from my jeans!

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
      I’ve got a pair, don’t remember the name. All I can tell you is, they are the hottest things you will ever wear in your life! When I wore them for a couple of hours, you could litterly wring sweat from my jeans!
      Agree

Comment

We just purchased 3 pairs of the Foreverlast Snake Guard Shields for our upcoming trip to Matador in two weeks. They were reasonably priced at $39.95 and appear to be comfortable. Easy to put on with nice plastic quick buckles. Height is just below the knee.

Comment

Yeah I know they're hotter than the hinges of hell but I just want something for when I'm walking to and from the blind at any other short periods of time. I'll tough em out for a bit cuz out in the middle of nowhere gets me thinking that there ain't a good chance I'd make it back to a hospital. My wife and little boy are enough to be uncomfortable for a little while.

Comment

Snake Guardz™ have worked for me
            Last edited by BarBBar; 10-30-2018, 08:29 PM.

Comment

Rattlers brand. I bought mine on-line a few years ago. They seem top quality but thankfully they haven't been put to the test. I put them on when walking in brush at laguna. I have had a couple rear their head to the top of my boots.

Comment

I have had a pair for over 25 years but I could not tell you the brand name. I usually wear them in early spring when I am shed hunting or whenever I am working in heavy weeds or brush. They will make you sweat, but that is a small price to pay.

Comment

Originally posted by merlin View Post
                  Rattlers brand. I bought mine on-line a few years ago. They seem top quality but thankfully they haven't been put to the test. I put them on when walking in brush at laguna. I have had a couple rear their head to the top of my boots.
                  oh geez... I am heading down there in 2 weeks. I hope I don't see those kinds of rattlers, but the grass is real thick down there & I am sure stomping around I will run across a couple.

Comment

Academy used to sell snake chaps that were camo, I havent seen anything like them in years. A boot might cover the back of your leg better than a chap, unless the caps were shotgun chaps with a zipper. Hopefully yall find some shake chaps out there.

Comment

I have some Rattlers brand. I think I wore them once and then just got me some snake boots. If interested I would let them go for almost free! Lol

Comment

Dans Hunting Gear Snake Protector Champs, $65.95

God Bless
                        Bish

Comment

I know you ask about chaps but I now have two pair of the Foreverlast snake boots that they ran a TBH deal on for $40 for the exact reason you are describing. I go to the lease a lot by myself and yes they are hot but worth the “insurance” they offer. They also help with cactus....my hunting buddy on the lease wears crocs....NOPE!

Comment

Check and make sure the chaps are snake proof above the knee. Most only give snake protection to just below the knee, same as snake boots.

Comment

Originally posted by kck View Post
                              Yeah I know they're hotter than the hinges of hell but I just want something for when I'm walking to and from the blind at any other short periods of time. I'll tough em out for a bit cuz out in the middle of nowhere gets me thinking that there ain't a good chance I'd make it back to a hospital. My wife and little boy are enough to be uncomfortable for a little while.
                              I have always enjoyed hunting alone. The chaps give a lot of peace of mind. I had Rattlers brand chaps that hung from your belt. Until getting on here I had never seen anyone wear shorts with snake boots. I bet Rattlers chaps over 8 inch Gokey boots and shorts would not be bad.

Comment

Working...
                              X