What Brand of Duck Decoys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
    Still trying to figure out the difference between a coot and a mallard. Maybe you can help me out, Phil???

We only hunt our private lease about three times a year. Kinda gets old driving 2 hours just for an hour hunt, so the majority of the duck hunts we do is local public. The only public place I haven't limited out at is Cottonwood.
    haha i wasn't referring to you. Down here in SETX the weekend crowd is terrible. I see your located in Fort Worth. I'll be up there this season and have plenty of land to hunt. Maybe we could make a hunt one day. I could even show you the difference in a coot and mallard

Comment

Originally posted by rbertman View Post
      put a dozen mud hens in your setup seems to help west texas ducks.i have ghg and HOT Buys and also a few game winner
      x2 on the black Coot decoys. I've seen lots of ducks in Cali just fly over a nice decoy spread and dump where the Coots are.

G&H here. They had a problem several years ago when their plastic formulator subsitituted some mold release chemical for another one, and the paint did not stick well. G&H sent us a dozen new ones right away with an honest explaination and an apology.

One of my duck hunting partners used the canvas decoy holders that put them into an individual pocket for each one. That is the best way to transport them, I think most of the damage comes from being in the bag, not in the water.

This one is $50 at WalMart for example. I have a regular bag and scratch mine up.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
        x2 on the black Coot decoys. I've seen lots of ducks in Cali just fly over a nice decoy spread and dump where the Coots are.

G&H here. They had a problem several years ago when their plastic formulator subsitituted some mold release chemical for another one, and the paint did not stick well. G&H sent us a dozen new ones right away with an honest explaination and an apology.

One of my duck hunting partners used the canvas decoy holders that put them into an individual pocket for each one. That is the best way to transport them, I think most of the damage comes from being in the bag, not in the water.

This one is $50 at WalMart for example. I have a regular bag and scratch mine up.

Bill, we had the same problem, they had us cut the keels off and send them back to them. Their thinking was that they would not be usable, but the texas rednecks boys now have 2 free dozen of g&H pintails.

Comment

Ours were bought through Cabelas. Two dozen pintails? We usually throw 1 or 2 out in the pond, away in open water and keep the greenhead decoys closer to the marshgrass and tulies.

Comment

Originally posted by Bill in San Jose View Post
            Ours were bought through Cabelas. Two dozen pintails? We usually throw 1 or 2 out in the pond, away in open water and keep the greenhead decoys closer to the marshgrass and tulies.
            Cabelas here too.

Comment

Originally posted by BowTech2010 View Post
              haha i wasn't referring to you. Down here in SETX the weekend crowd is terrible. I see your located in Fort Worth. I'll be up there this season and have plenty of land to hunt. Maybe we could make a hunt one day. I could even show you the difference in a coot and mallard
              You're on!

Comment

What makes Dakota Decoys so good? I've never seen any and Gander won't let you open a box to look at them.

Comment

Originally posted by Bonesplitter View Post
                  GHG gets my vote as well.
                  Yep

Comment

I believe that when Ducks and Geese want to decoy,anything that remotely looks like waterfowl they decoy on,but the real challenge i face is when they fly by and look and come back then flare or fly off.

Comment

Get some GHG, and they won't

Comment

Anyone run Northen Fight Decoys?

Comment

Holy old thread, Batman!

I bought Avian X decoys a couple years back and they look great and hold up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X