No announcement yet.

The Teardrop Build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't know if you have been to this site or not but here it is http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/ It has a lot of info, I am planning on rebuilding my camper. Will not be a teardrop but real simular, and this site has a lot of great ideas.

Comment

Its looking really good so far,Good work!

Comment

Ok today once again I was on the lazy side so I did very little to the teardrop.

First I started to put in a little space above the headrest something where I could put the cell phone, key's, ect

and with that I would basiclly finish the inside all thats left is to carpet the wall's, celing and floor also install the trimming and cabinet doors.

then I started working on roughly designing the kitchen I say roughly cause I don't know what I'm going to put in it like cabinet's, micowave, stove or even a sink, but I should know by tommorow. here are some pictures

allready done with electricity plug too

like I said I should have a better idea tommorow on the design of the kitchen.

Comment

After I finish 3 fiberglass deerstands, 1 ladderstand and one tripod stand, and 1 duckhunter boat, I am gonna give this a try. How much do you think its going to weight? 500 pounds complete? I was thinking about making a buck(plug) to make a fiberlass mold. Then I could make multi units. Missed a mold on ebay for 500.

Your progress is getting me motivated to finish all of mine. So get back to work already.

Comment

Yea I also saw th mold on ebay to bad the guy wanted $4500 for it. I think the whole thing should weight about 400 to 500 lbs with a tounge weight of about 65 lbs.

Comment

I also forgot to add that I don't know how to work fiberglass. come to think of it I ain't no carpenter either.

Comment

Looks like you're doing just fine to me. Keep it up!

Greg

Comment

Originally posted by coon007 View Post
                  I also forgot to add that I don't know how to work fiberglass. come to think of it I ain't no carpenter either.
                  Can't vouch for the fiberglass part. I am a carpenter and you have skills. Keep up the great work!

Comment

i wish I had 1/100th the carpentry skills you have! NICE JOB! Can't wait to see you finish it up!

predatorsniper

Comment

**** thats awesome

Comment

Very nice. I hope you post a hour count and total price to build at the end. The carpet on the walls will add a little insulation.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtech32 View Post
                          don't know if you have been to this site or not but here it is http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/ It has a lot of info, I am planning on rebuilding my camper. Will not be a teardrop but real simular, and this site has a lot of great ideas.
                          cool site!

Comment

that thing is comin along nice

Comment

this is a cool build, looking good so far

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Working...
                                X