One spot open on San Saba county lease.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One spot open on San Saba county lease.

2000 acre lease in San Saba County. 10 hunters total-archery only. As the owner, For the last 4 years I have kept two spots for family. I’m opening one of those up due to us not getting there like we used to. It’s an established spot with a ground blind and feeder.

We have been managing this ranch for the last 18 yrs. Along with the neighbors on all sides we have a total of 14,000 acres that is being managed for trophy deer. We consistently produce 1 deer a yr in the high 140-155" range, 1-2 in the high 130-mid 140, and numerous 120"+ management deer.

Lease includes year round access. We have two cabins in place that serve as a hunt camp with kitchen, bathroom, laundry rooms, power, and well water. Hunters have campers around the main camp for sleeping.

We have been feeding protein for 10+ years. As a group we decided to go to running 5 timed feeders year round with protein as a way to hold deer.

Abundant hog hunting, predator calling(during off season), some dove hunting, a few quail. No turkey hunting allowed at this time due to the decrease in the number of turkeys. No duck hunting on the one stocked pond.

Price of the lease is $3200/hunter/yr which includes $200 toward camp electricity(normally 175-200/yr) and $600 toward protein.

7 yrs ago we piped 7000 ft of waterline to 4 new troughs giving us 8 water troughs/tanks. The ranch is a square property and 300 acres of the thickest area in the middle is a no hunting sanctuary.

Few other rules:
    1. You can bring any guests you want, but you must hunt with your guests and their deer count toward your tags. At times during deer season we may limit it to 2 guests or it can get really crowded.
    2. Children can shoot a doe with a rifle.
    3. We have 2-3 weekends in the spring(generally one weekend a month) where there is no access. the family uses this for family hog hunt weekends. They do not use the hunters camps or cabins.
    4. Off season hog hunting is encouraged and guns are allowed.
    5. predator calling and spotlighting are allowed in the off season.
    6. Each spot is allowed 2 bucks and three does. One buck in the trophy class- 6.5 year old 9 points or better or 130". 1 cull/mgmt buck being 4.5 or older 8 point or less.

Most years we are shooting 3-4 trophies and 10-12 mgmt deer.

Shoot me a pm if you are interested[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Won't last long!

Comment

great looking animals

Comment

This deer was passed at 4 and 5 and shot this year at 6.5 years old.

Comment

Got some good looking bucks.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

By established spot does this mean I can hunt 2,000 acres or 200 acres ?

Comment

This deer walked 3 years ago

2 year ago

And was shot this year at 175 1/8” as the biggest deer we have taken. There’s been a 186 a s 202 shot on the neighbors.

We are looking for long term hunters and the guys that have been on for years will vouch that we value guys that can follow our few rules and get along with the group. Your first year you can't shoot anything over 8 points. We want you to learn our deer and be committed to the long run.

We are very family oriented and most of our hunters have kids in the 8-13 year range. There can tend to be a lot of kids up on a weekend. There's 10 payed hunters and one family spots on the ranch. The family/myself have hunted two weekends each year the last two seasons but are heavily involved in the mgmt of the property.

Comment

Believe this is the best lease I've ever seen posted on TBH with rules that make sense. Won't last long at all!

Comment

The property is heavily wooded with live oak and has a cedar/brush mgnt plan in place. We rotate cattle in and out and only graze from January-June. No cows during deer season.

Plenty of hogs to the point where most guys end up penning their feeders off.

Comment

Wow a very nice looking place with some great deer being taken.

Hard work and sound management is paying off for you guys.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

These deer all walked this year and several of them Will get another year or two.

Hate he damaged his right side at 2 years old

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                        Believe this is the best lease I've ever seen posted on TBH with rules that make sense. Won't last long at all!
                        Agree. Wish I had the extra funds

Comment

Sounds and looks like a great opportunity for someone.

Comment

These are great shooters. Both broke off jeans early and got a pass.

Passed.

Comment

Great opportunity for a bow hunter, nice bucks

Comment

Working...
                              X