What to Smoke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to Smoke?

Looking for ideas on what to smoke. I need to cook one dish for a class next Thursday, and there will be 40 people all bringing something different. Dishes will range from pizza to red beans & rice and even some desserts. The idea is for everyone to cook something that represents them. I'm definitely wanting to smoke something, but it will need to be done the day before and able to be warmed/served in a crockpot.

I'm leaning towards something like burnt ends since they could be easily eaten with a toothpick. I've done brisket burnt ends and pork belly burnt ends with success. I'm hesitant about the pork belly due to the fat content was a little too much for me, but also thought about using a pork butt instead(never done this before). Also thought about my smoked mac & cheese.

Any ideas or suggestions? It doesn't have to even be meat, but I'm drawing blanks and need help.

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Smoke Bologna and Smoked Boudin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
      Looking for ideas on what to smoke. I need to cook one dish for a class next Thursday, and there will be 40 people all bringing something different. Dishes will range from pizza to red beans & rice and even some desserts. The idea is for everyone to cook something that represents them. I'm definitely wanting to smoke something, but it will need to be done the day before and able to be warmed/served in a crockpot.

I'm leaning towards something like burnt ends since they could be easily eaten with a toothpick. I've done brisket burnt ends and pork belly burnt ends with success. I'm hesitant about the pork belly due to the fat content was a little too much for me, but also thought about using a pork butt instead(never done this before). Also thought about my smoked mac & cheese.

Any ideas or suggestions? It doesn't have to even be meat, but I'm drawing blanks and need help.

Thanks

Poor man's burnt ends. Get some chuck roasts, season them just like a brisket, smoke them just like a brisket and then cut them into "burnt ends". After that you can season them again, sauce them and then reheat them in a crockpot.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Smoked bologna is where it’s at.....

They may turn their nose up at first, but it always goes over well once they try it.

Comment

Smoke some squirrel, and tell them after they eat it. Love me some squirrel gravy.

Comment

Mac n cheese, baked beans........

Comment

What kind of class? Chef school?

Comment

Smoke a pork loin. It’s fast and simple and always turns out good!

Comment

Pepper stout beef.

Cochinita pibil

Rack of lamb

Beef ribs

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                    What kind of class? Chef school?
                    No not chef school...it's for a nutrition lecture.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Comment

Brownies with a very special ingredient.

I like your burnt end idea

Comment

Thanks
                        There's your answer... smoked mac and cheese.

Comment

No not chef school...it's for a nutrition lecture.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

If it's for a nutrition lecture do the pork belly burnt ends, that will be sure to get you a lecture on nutrition.

Comment

Working...
                          X