Portable AC units?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Portable AC units?

I have one room in the house that I have not been able to get cool like the rest of the home. This has been a problem for 20 years now. I have replaced the insulation in walls and ceiling along with the duct work in the whole home 5 years ago. Its a spare bedroom and I am interested in just putting a portable AC unit in it. Do these things work good? Any experience with these?
    thanks

I have a LG free standing unit that has the exhaust hose out the window, don’t remember the size but it was around 350-400 at Home Depot and will get the master bedroom cold enough to hang meat when the rest of the house is at 78.

Comment

I have a 8000 btu LG that cost about $250 and have used it in our living room during power outages and it did a good job. just have to drain it on occasion.

Comment

Yes they work great. When I worked graveyards I used one in my blackout room during the day to sleep. I was able to get that room freezing cold without running either of my central units cooling 3000sq ft.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

How often do you have to drain them? The room is 192 square foot. So would you think a 8k unit would suffice or go larger?

Comment

I wish i knew a way to hook one up in the back of my ups truck!

Comment

I use one in my game room, it’s awesome. Mine needs to be vented to an outside window. I also have a large shallow tub under to drain the condensation

Comment

All our rooms have em at the deer lease, yes they work, at nite they'll run u out.

Comment

They are great. Mine has heat as well. Rarely have to drain it and it has an auto shutoff if the water fills up. Got mine on craigslist new for 200. I think it is a 12.5k Haier brand.

Comment

I bought one to use in my enclosed trailer and sold the trailer before using it. Its sitting in the garage. Let me know if youre interested in the specs.

Comment

They work great just make sure you get a good rated amp outlet for it.

Comment

I have one I’d sell you cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Window unit will get the room colder for a lot cheaper. I'm not impressed with the portable units I've been around and they are 3x the price of a comparable window unit

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Bci2nd View Post
                            I bought one to use in my enclosed trailer and sold the trailer before using it. Its sitting in the garage. Let me know if youre interested in the specs.
                            Im in Tom Bean, and interested. PM me a price if you have a moment. Were looking at some now to cool a kennel area.

Comment

The LG that I have discharges the moisture through the exhaust vent, no pan to drain.

Comment

Working...
                              X