Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote=holepuncher;8318199]
    Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Can I eat it & turn it's bones into glue to barter for fresh veggies at the market when the dollar implodes?[/QUOTE

If it gets to the point of bartering a horse will be worth more alive than dead.
    Think about it.
    Well if we were a society that had that much forethought and preparation we wouldn't be in that position would we? Think about that!

Now give me my horse roast!

Comment

Our Economy Is About to Implode
      By Jack Kelly - February 23, 2014

"Beware the Ides of March,” the soothsayer warned in Shakespeare’s play “Julius Caesar.”

A Roman religious holiday, the Ides (15th) of March was the day on which Roman consuls assumed office — and the day Caesar was assassinated.
      For the United States, and the world economy, the Ides will be around March 4 this year, predicted Grady Means in October 2012.

Mr. Means isn’t a doomsayer who’s predicted 11 of the last two recessions. He isn’t trying to sell gold, silver or freeze-dried food. He was managing partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, an assistant to Vice President Nelson Rockefeller and wrote well-regarded books on international finance.

And he isn’t alone in issuing warnings.

“We expect the bottom to fall out by the second quarter of 2014,” Trends Research Institute founder Gerald Celente predicted last October.

Because the dollar is the world’s reserve currency, America is, in effect, the real world bank. Soon there’ll be a run on it, though, because our massive deficits have eroded foreign investors’ faith in the safety of the dollar, Mr. Means said.

The run on the bank “will start suddenly, build quickly and snowball,” Mr. Means said. “Interest rates will skyrocket, businesses will fail, unemployment will go to record levels.”

It will start when we add “another trillion dollars or so” to our debt, Mr. Means wrote in The Washington Times Oct. 25, 2012. The national debt — $16.3 trillion when he wrote those words — is $17.3 trillion now.

The Federal Reserve Board has financed much of our debt by, in effect, printing money. This has kept interest rates near zero, which has been good for banks and the stock market but has clobbered savings and investment and slowed economic growth.

The Fed must stop “quantitative easing” before all our seed corn is consumed. But when it does, “interest rates will go up and the economy will go down,” Mr. Celente said.

The decline in manufacturing orders in January was the steepest in more than 30 years, the latest evidence the U.S. economy is “exhausted,” said David Goldman, who used to oversee bond research at the Bank of America. A little nudge could push it into recession.

Obamacare could provide that nudge — in March.

The entire health-care industry will be at risk if the Obamacare website isn’t working better by mid-March, said the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in December, in explaining why there isn’t enough time to select a contractor to fix it through the normal bidding process.

Healthcare.gov is like “the facade of a house with nothing behind it,” said Larry Kocot of the Brookings Institution. People no longer have (much) difficulty accessing it. But the “back end” — the portion of the website that calculates subsidies and passes on to insurance companies information about enrollees — remains under construction.

Many experts doubt the “back end” can be fixed in time. After the CMS document was made public, Moody’s downgraded the outlook for the health insurance industry to “negative.”

Obamacare has a problem more fundamental than its website. If sign-ups continue at January’s pace, enrollment will fall about 1.4 million short of the 7 million the Congressional Budget Office estimated by the March 31 deadline.

To arrive at her figure of 1.146 million signups in January, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius counted those who’ve filled out a form but who haven’t paid their first month’s premium, a prerequisite for actually being enrolled. At least 20 percent haven’t paid, according to some reports.

Enrollments fell 29 percent in January from December, with the pace of signups slowing as the month wore on. If enrollments were to continue to decline at that rate, then by the deadline, only a little more than 4 million may be signed up — far short of what’s required to make Obamacare viable.

All of the world’s largest economies are struggling. China is about to ***** a credit bubble much larger than the one that subprime mortgages created here.

Deflating so large a bubble gently is tricky, writes Patrick Legland and Wei Yao of Societe Generale. A misstep by China’s rulers could send a deflationary tsunami through world equity markets.

Some folks are passing around a chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since July of 2012 that also shows the average for the year and a half before the 1929 crash. They’re eerily similar. The parallels may not continue. If they do, the charts indicate we’re about two months away from the big plunge.

Beware the Ides of March.

Jack Kelly is a columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and The Blade of Toledo, Ohio.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz2uWno34Cy
      Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter

Comment

"I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men.

We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men."

-Woodrow Wilson, bitterly regretting signing the Federal Reserve into existence

just sayin...

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
          [B]
          This single statement could explain why we see the continued delay of the mandate, and now postponed until after the 2015 election cycle.

Comment

Oh Boy !! Can't wait

Comment

Originally posted by Landrover View Post
              Our Economy Is About to Implode
              By Jack Kelly - February 23, 2014

"Beware the Ides of March,” the soothsayer warned in Shakespeare’s play “Julius Caesar.”

A Roman religious holiday, the Ides (15th) of March was the day on which Roman consuls assumed office — and the day Caesar was assassinated.
              For the United States, and the world economy, the Ides will be around March 4 this year, predicted Grady Means in October 2012.

Mr. Means isn’t a doomsayer who’s predicted 11 of the last two recessions. He isn’t trying to sell gold, silver or freeze-dried food. He was managing partner of PricewaterhouseCoopers LLP, an assistant to Vice President Nelson Rockefeller and wrote well-regarded books on international finance.

And he isn’t alone in issuing warnings.

“We expect the bottom to fall out by the second quarter of 2014,” Trends Research Institute founder Gerald Celente predicted last October.

Because the dollar is the world’s reserve currency, America is, in effect, the real world bank. Soon there’ll be a run on it, though, because our massive deficits have eroded foreign investors’ faith in the safety of the dollar, Mr. Means said.

The run on the bank “will start suddenly, build quickly and snowball,” Mr. Means said. “Interest rates will skyrocket, businesses will fail, unemployment will go to record levels.”

It will start when we add “another trillion dollars or so” to our debt, Mr. Means wrote in The Washington Times Oct. 25, 2012. The national debt — $16.3 trillion when he wrote those words — is $17.3 trillion now.

The Federal Reserve Board has financed much of our debt by, in effect, printing money. This has kept interest rates near zero, which has been good for banks and the stock market but has clobbered savings and investment and slowed economic growth.

The Fed must stop “quantitative easing” before all our seed corn is consumed. But when it does, “interest rates will go up and the economy will go down,” Mr. Celente said.

The decline in manufacturing orders in January was the steepest in more than 30 years, the latest evidence the U.S. economy is “exhausted,” said David Goldman, who used to oversee bond research at the Bank of America. A little nudge could push it into recession.

The entire health-care industry will be at risk if the Obamacare website isn’t working better by mid-March, said the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in December, in explaining why there isn’t enough time to select a contractor to fix it through the normal bidding process.

Healthcare.gov is like “the facade of a house with nothing behind it,” said Larry Kocot of the Brookings Institution. People no longer have (much) difficulty accessing it. But the “back end” — the portion of the website that calculates subsidies and passes on to insurance companies information about enrollees — remains under construction.

Many experts doubt the “back end” can be fixed in time. After the CMS document was made public, Moody’s downgraded the outlook for the health insurance industry to “negative.”

Obamacare has a problem more fundamental than its website. If sign-ups continue at January’s pace, enrollment will fall about 1.4 million short of the 7 million the Congressional Budget Office estimated by the March 31 deadline.

To arrive at her figure of 1.146 million signups in January, Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius counted those who’ve filled out a form but who haven’t paid their first month’s premium, a prerequisite for actually being enrolled. At least 20 percent haven’t paid, according to some reports.

Enrollments fell 29 percent in January from December, with the pace of signups slowing as the month wore on. If enrollments were to continue to decline at that rate, then by the deadline, only a little more than 4 million may be signed up — far short of what’s required to make Obamacare viable.

All of the world’s largest economies are struggling. China is about to ***** a credit bubble much larger than the one that subprime mortgages created here.

Deflating so large a bubble gently is tricky, writes Patrick Legland and Wei Yao of Societe Generale. A misstep by China’s rulers could send a deflationary tsunami through world equity markets.

Some folks are passing around a chart of the Dow Jones Industrial Average since July of 2012 that also shows the average for the year and a half before the 1929 crash. They’re eerily similar. The parallels may not continue. If they do, the charts indicate we’re about two months away from the big plunge.

Beware the Ides of March.

Jack Kelly is a columnist for the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette and The Blade of Toledo, Ohio.

Read more: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/art...#ixzz2uWno34Cy
              Follow us: @RCP_Articles on Twitter
              Look up Grady Means and see what other genius things he has said in the past few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Can I eat it & turn it's bones into glue to barter for fresh veggies at the market when the dollar implodes?
                This made me LOL!

I love doomsday prepper threads. I equate our govt finances to personal finances. Why is it ok for an individual to borrow $400k for a house when he makes $50k a year. But it's not ok for a govt to borrow 16Trillion when it brings in 2 Trillion a year? Not to mention, there's a floating rt currency and interest rates are MUCH lower for the govt. I know entitlements/growing govt are something that needs to be dealt with immediately....but we aren't over the cliff yet, people.
                Last edited by bdog14; 02-27-2014, 10:58 AM.

Comment

A dollar collapse is when the value of the U.S. dollar plummets. Anyone who holds dollar-denominated assets will sell them at any cost. That includes foreign governments who own U.S. Treasurys. It also affects foreign exchange futures traders. Last but not least are individual investors.

Comment

Originally posted by LovinTxHuntin View Post
                    With all the talk going around about the collapse of the US dollar I am acctually starting to get a little nervous. So what says the green screen ?
                    Well, for the record, I have heard about the collapse of the dollar since I was a teenager.

If the US dollar can survive obama, it can survive a lot! Just sayin

Comment

I hope y'all know this thread is over 4 years old, and the dollar hasn't collapsed...... yet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                        Well, for the record, I have heard about the collapse of the dollar since I was a teenager.

If the US dollar can survive obama, it can survive a lot! Just sayin
                        Lol no ****!!! Every currency in the free world is Measured against the US dollar. I don't care what the pundits say or preach. The US has the freest most fluent economy in world. We set the pace.

Comment

In Michael Lewis' book "Boomerang: Travels in the New Third World", he concludes the book talking about the next big financial collapse. And that USA was beyond set up for a major financial collapse due to among other things pensions set up for city/state government workers. He specifically points out how several California TOWNS were about to file for BANKRUPTCY because the pension programs for the policemen and firemen were overwhelming the town's budgets. (Don't bash me about them deserving a pension, that's not the point of this post. Yes they do deserve a pension.)
                          Here is a link to an article talking about "Joseph Robertson, an eye surgeon who retired as head of the Oregon Health & Science University last fall, receives the state’s largest government pension. It's $76,111/ Mo." That's right per MONTH.

Our fiat currency economy can only keep printing money for so long, before the backers of said currency say 'Enough is Enough.'
                          Do you remember the riots in Greece a year or so ago? They were upset because the collapsing Greek financial system was giving 'Austerity Packages' to those receiving benefits/pension from the government. Austerity packages were just a nice way to say CUTS. Hence, the riots.
                          As our country's spending and promises for future payments continue to spiral upwards, at some point in time the printing presses will stop and Austerity Packages will be given. It's kind of scary when you look at some of the facts.

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post
                            I hope y'all know this thread is over 4 years old, and the dollar hasn't collapsed...... yet.

I believe Nadeem is a Russian bot. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Keith View Post

X2 and I’ve seen the dollar exchange rate down to around 9 pesos during Obama’s sit and it’s at 17 pesos now under trump 👍🏼

Comment

Originally posted by BigL View Post
                                Exchange it for a lot of Bitcoins if you're worried... :-)

You're fine. Dollar didn't collapse in 08, it's not going anywhere soon...
                                I just want you to know if you had done this it has increased 8,000 dollars since then! And that's today's price, you could have sold a while ago for even more!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X