Mason Co. Lease opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mason Co. Lease opening

This is not first come first serve as we want to make sure we are all a good fit.

I know this is not the classifieds but wanted to post here first. We just leased 800 acres in Mason Co. outside of Loyal Valley, one of our four person group backed out for personal reasons leaving myself, my brother, and my dad. This is a family friendly lease with a good management program in place in a beautiful area. I'll post more details when I get off work but wanted to see what kind of interest is out there. Each spot is 2500 which you get a trophy, management buck, 3 does, and 1 turkey during the spring. Feel free to ask any questions or shoot me a PM.

Good luck finding the right guy. I had to turn that place down, which was extremely hard. Great area and owner. Hope yall kill a big'un!

Comment

PM sent.

Comment

Interested.....awaiting more details.

Comment

Ok so here are some details. Your "trophy" must be 5 1/2 or older, your management buck must be 4 1/2 and less than seven points. We will feed cotton seed from after the rut until close to season. I have not personally hunted this ranch as this will be our first year but the landowner runs alot of cameras and has given us a good idea of what is possible. Last year a buck in the 150s was killed but I think on average 130s will be the norm with a good possibility of a 140 to 150. There have been a very small amount of exotics spotted and we can kill them if we see them but I would not bank on it.
          There is a cabin on the ranch but electricity is via generators and no running water. In general the camp house is primitive but doable.
          This WILL be a family atmosphere with wives and kids welcome, not saying you have to have kids but there will be kids present. This WILL NOT be party central, I dont have a problem with a few drinks in camp and partake from time to time myself but we've hunted with those that take it to far and we don't want to deal with it.
          Myself, my dad, and my wife hunt with stick bows my brother shoots a compound (not that it matters) we all usually bowhunt exclusively but kids and wives will rifle hunt also.

If interested we can talk more because there's to much to type here just shoot me a PM. We are going to follow the rules and have FUN and hope to have this place for along time.

Comment

Sounds like a nice place and a great setup. Ideally I'd love to fill my lease pasture with a bunch of other traditional bowhunters.
            You ought to find a good fit around here.

Comment

Originally posted by TP3 View Post
              Sounds like a nice place and a great setup. Ideally I'd love to fill my lease pasture with a bunch of other traditional bowhunters.
              You ought to find a good fit around here.
              This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Can you provide a close location?....I am interested, but would like to get a visual look off of google earth.
                Thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                  Can you provide a close location?....I am interested, but would like to get a visual look off of google earth.
                  Thanks,
                  Loyal Valley should do the trick. It’s probably 15-17 miles east of Mason.

Comment

Off of 87 approximately 20 mins from Mason and 30 mins from Fredericksburg.
                    Loyal Valley

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Loyal Valley is a very fertile area and produces great animals. It’s one of the best places in my opinion to hunt in the hill country.

Comment

Sounds like a dream for my family, wish i had the funds. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                        X