Disconnecting from cable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
    I pay $62 for frontier internet and $70 for direct tv now "go big" package which is 125 channels (includes local news, sports, discovery, sportsman). This price wont change and is month to month, so if you dont like it...go try hulu, sling, etc.

Frontier is my carrier....for both internet and cable. I know I'll need to keep the internet for work and streaming. I'm just hoping to the lower the variable TV part...

Wife watches nothing but Netflix and Amazon...I watch nothing but live sports or sports channels unless I watch a series with her...

Comment

We have Frontier and tried several times to find another solution with no luck.
      The internet is keeps us locked in.

Comment

Shoot me a PM if you want more details brother, we dont live too far apart.

Originally posted by Smart View Post
        Frontier is my carrier....for both internet and cable. I know I'll need to keep the internet for work and streaming. I'm just hoping to the lower the variable TV part...

Wife watches nothing but Netflix and Amazon...I watch nothing but live sports or sports channels unless I watch a series with her...

Comment

I am in process of doing this. My holdback has been that I want the network channels, and I really like the ease at which I can record series for watching later with Direct TV or cable provider. I have a 100 mbps cable internet, so speed is not a problem. I just ordered a digital antenna, it will be here Friday so I can see how that works. But it looks like Hulu live has all the channels and you can record to a cloud for 39.99/mo, I am going to try the 7 day trial on that I think.

My wants are pretty simple, I want network channels, A&E, Discovery, History, etc. I don't watch sports, and do not want HBO, etc. And I want an easy to record for later. Am I right that HULU Live gives you that?

I also heard about internet thru Netbuddy, I am considering trying that too. Supposedly you get 100 mbps speeds thru a cell hotspot. Cost is 60/mo, no contract, no data limits. Uses ATT towers, you have to buy a hotspot/router and SIM up front (looks like about $250), then 60/month. I am going to sort out the TV stuff on cable internet first, then I might take second step. Has anyone heard of them or use them?

Comment

I've got a Roku stick and a tv with it built in and use sling. I just had an internet line run out to the ranch so now it works there too, I can take it anywhere I need it. I got the outdoors package to I have all the hunting shows I can stand.

Comment

Following... I am ready to cut Spectrum cable

Comment

I am currently using a Fire Stick. I was thinking about going with Hulu Live because I already have the cheaper version of Hulu. I guess SLing and Hulu Live are pretty close to the same thing as far as network channels? Im not sure
                Last edited by Rick; 01-01-2019, 10:36 AM.

Comment

I disconnected from cable about a year ago, but did go back to internet based cable so I could watch sports. I do direct tv now for like 50 bucks a month. I think it’s worth it. I could not live without watching the rangers lose a bunch of games this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

We cut the cord months ago. We upgraded our internet and got a jail broken fire stick and Hulu. Any and all shows and movies can be found on the firestick. I also downloaded the chrome app on the firestick, then use it to go to reddit and watch all the NFL games on there

Comment

Still not sure how all this stuff works but my cable bill is out of control. Can you still watch the shows the night they come on or record them? My wife watches some shows she does not want to give up.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                        Still not sure how all this stuff works but my cable bill is out of control. Can you still watch the shows the night they come on or record them? My wife watches some shows she does not want to give up.
                        Yes. On Hulu.

Comment

I use my mobile hot spot and stream on roku on my tv and computer. Other than the electric cord to the tv and computer, I'm actually completely wireless. No more landlines and satellites.

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
                            sling too

Comment

Thanks fellas

Comment

What does everyone watch on Amazon prime? The only thing I see included with it is old movies. Everything else costs more money.

Comment

Working...
                                X