Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Been 8 years since this little accident.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
    Erin, you don't let him climb ladders do you?
    Barrett tried to climb into a stand at the hunters show and I made him get down! I told him Lane men don’t have a good history with ladders!!

Comment

Did you have any nerve damage?

I cut my arm in a similar spot with just the small tip of a slick trick. I had to have surgery to repair the nerves. Yours looks pretty intense

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ouch. I always forget to do that, I bet you don't.

Comment

Not going to lie..... Based on the title, I thought this was going to be a “happy birthday” thread for your kid...

Comment

Originally posted by 30-30 View Post
            Not going to lie..... Based on the title, I thought this was going to be a “happy birthday” thread for your kid...
            This is what I was expecting as well
            Was gonna say happy bday
            Instead I will say ouch I bet that hurt
            You might need to go back to aluminum arrows just in case

Comment

Sorry for digging up an old thread, but this one has stuck with me for a while. And I think helped me dodge a carbon bullet today.

Yesterday I headed out to the property I primarily hunt in Houston County to see if I can skewer a decent hog. I took care of some small chores this morning and wanted to get some practice in before heading to the stand around noon. I setup my block target and ran through a quiver of arrows at 20 yards to start and did pretty good.

Then this thread jumped into my head and I thought, better late than never and started to flex test my arrows. I got to the fourth one and it snapped in half with less force than breaking a cheap chopstick.

Want to say thanks to Mayhem and others who posted their disaster stories in the past. Hope I never have to go through what you all did.

J

Comment

August will be 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by JhuntsAlot View Post
                  Sorry for digging up an old thread, but this one has stuck with me for a while. And I think helped me dodge a carbon bullet today.

Yesterday I headed out to the property I primarily hunt in Houston County to see if I can skewer a decent hog. I took care of some small chores this morning and wanted to get some practice in before heading to the stand around noon. I setup my block target and ran through a quiver of arrows at 20 yards to start and did pretty good.

Then this thread jumped into my head and I thought, better late than never and started to flex test my arrows. I got to the fourth one and it snapped in half with less force than breaking a cheap chopstick.

Want to say thanks to Mayhem and others who posted their disaster stories in the past. Hope I never have to go through what you all did.

J

Wow, that is pretty cool! I am another one that has checked arrows religiously ever since this happened!

Can't believe it's been almost 10 years!!
                  Last edited by SaltwaterSlick; 03-12-2020, 07:05 PM. Reason: Tnik fignerz

Comment

Been flexing mine since your and other impaled threads. That would be on par with kicking a Porcupine.........

Comment

That had to hurt pretty badly.
                      When I was a kid, I got some old wooden arrows and shot them off of my compound bow. That did not go well. I only shot four of those arrows, all four came apart when I released the string. The first three sent two pieces of arrow at the target, I actually had both front and rear halves stick in the target once. So being 14 years old, that seemed cool. The fourth shot, the arrow came apart off of the bow, ran the back half, through the webbing of my left hand, then up my left index finger and out the tip of my left index finger. I can say it hurt quite a bit. I had to use vice grips to pull it out, that really hurt.

A carbon fiber arrow, with all the little carbon fiber splinters, that had to be bad. Like having hard core fiberglass inside your arm. I would have to have drank a lot of alcohol for that one.

Comment

I'm just glad you can still use your hand Justin! Dang the carbon fibers. But it's a good reminder for us all.

I've still got a piece of glass in my cullaumella from a car accident. And I don't know if I've got more or not on the outer bridge. Nurses and docs wouldn't touch it all. They did pick one piece out of the inside of my upper lip. But left the rest for me to do over the next 7 days. I tried to get what I could out before it all started healing over. Broke my pelvis for the second time same side, and dislocated my femur that day too. They put another plate with 6 screws in 2 days after from the back side. Guess you can say they scre....never mind!

Comment

Healed rather nicely.

Comment

Working...
                          X