Laguna Atascosa Archery Deer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laguna Atascosa Archery Deer

I drew the Archery deer for Laguna Atascosa. Does anyone have any pointers ? There's not much info on TPWD website . Thanks

Comment

Search here. Several threads in it. I was drawn also. What dates you get

Comment

12/2-12-6..

Comment

Originally posted by Hydestik View Post
          12/2-12-6..
          Same for me. See ya there

Comment

Hello... I also drew one, 11/25/2016 - 11/29/2016. Like to follow this thread. I'm also searching the threads to get information.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
              Yep... thanks I'll hopefully know more by then . That's a huge place I need to find some maps.

Comment

Originally posted by txoutdoorsman24 View Post
                I drew the same dates, but won't make it. I also drew for the Teniente tract the next week, and with the rest of my hunts already laid out, I don't have enough vacation for both. I am going to make the Teniente hunt.

In that country one week later can make all the difference in the world with how the deer are acting.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowhunter4l1fe View Post
                  I drew the same dates, but won't make it. I also drew for the Teniente tract the next week, and with the rest of my hunts already laid out, I don't have enough vacation for both. I am going to make the Teniente hunt.

In that country one week later can make all the difference in the world with how the deer are acting.
                  Are you thinking the rut will be in full swing ? That will help the odds of success . How do you plan to set up ? Pop up , ground blind ? Tree stand ?

Comment

Are you thinking the rut will be in full swing ? That will help the odds of success . How do you plan to set up ? Pop up , ground blind ? Tree stand ?
                    Rut down here not until late December, sometimes January. I'm at Atascosa 25-29. I like first hunts at the refuge cuz you see more. At least that's been my experience there.

Comment

I drew the Archery deer for Laguna Atascosa. Does anyone have any pointers ? There's not much info on TPWD website . Thanks
                      What kinda info you looking for ?

Comment

Way too early for rut down South.

Comment

I too was drawn for this hunt. I've not hunted this area before so any information or tips would be appreciated!

Comment

Drawn for 11/25 - 11/29. It can't come soon enough!

Comment

I was drawn for the LANWR Archery Deer for Dec 2nd-6th, first timer down there. Very pumped up about it.

Seems that the majority of individuals recommend tripod over pop up, and still hunting over stalking. LANWR has some bogus rule about not attaching any stands to trees, not even a ladder, which I cant wrap my head around. .

Scouting dates are only Nov 5th&6th and Nov 12th&13th. To bad for us hunters drawn on the 2nd Archery dates (Dec2-6th) we don't get an opportunity to set up immediately before our selected dates. I feel that should be changed and scouting should be allowed, as there isn't any reason I see on Nov 30th/Dec 1st that hunters should not be able to scout. If you call, please voice your opinion on that matter (in favor of Scouting Nov 30th/Dec 1st) if you agree.

General consensus seems to be; prepare for lots of ticks and rattle snakes, shooting young deer is frowned upon, sitting in someone else blind/set up can catch you more than a frown, and most pressure will be near roads, expect other hunters to not show good hunting etiquette and walk right through where you're hunting.

Other than that, sounds like a challenging and rewarding hunt!

Comment

Working...
                              X