No announcement yet.

Ford 6.4 vs 6.7 Diesel engines? pros and cons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You couldn't give me a 6.4 after seeing the issues some friends had with them. And the whole 11mpg hwy thing.

The 6.7 is an absolute beast and far better engineering.

Be smart, buy a Chevy!

Comment

6.7 f350 14-15 highway and towing.

Comment

wow...you guy push the peddle hard!....I'm 08 6.4) around 15+ in Houston..18 on the road...65, I have hit the 21 mark...with the 373s..the new 6.7 runs 355 gears..so high way will go up...time will tell how the 6.7 will last...good luck!

Comment

My 6.4 with DPF/DOC/EGR delete and a 275hp tune averages 15 hand calculated. The lie o meter for some reason will say 22ish. I keep my foot in it a little bit. It got 13 stock.

The 6.7 is an even better motor.

Comment

I like my 6.7. Mileage isn't as great for me as some people claim. I get 12 mpg day to day and 15 on the highway. I don't baby mine either though. If I wanted mileage I would drive a half ton.

Comment

I sell Ford and I drive all the used Fords as well. In my opinion, the 6.7 is better. The 6.4 had some problems and thats why they switched over to the 6.7. The new 6.7 are almost as quite as the gas motors in the F-150.

Comment

I love my 6.4 6" lift, 37" tires and average 19.8 mpg. But ive heard a lot of good things about the 6.7.

Comment

Originally posted by captainsling View Post
                  Have a buddy that just spent $4200 getting his 6.4 fixed. Had to replace the fuel pump and the cab has to be pulled off to get to it. Engineering at its best!
                  good lord......that is reason enough not to buy one.

Comment

My 08 6.4 is at 12-14 mpg

Comment

6.7 is a beast! I think Ford finally has gotten it right again and a Diesel engine to last like the 7.3 hopefully! The mileage is not. Good as most claim, I get around 12.5 to 13 on average in a 1 ton dually flatbed driving it hard all the time. Still much better mileage than the 6.4 by far.......

The 6.7 is a pleasure to drive with unreal power and boost! I love em!

Comment

Originally posted by dclifton View Post
                        We'll I know guys a that have had both and the 6.7 is leaps and bounds better than the 6.4. If u have the money just buy a 6.7 and Don't waste ur money and time on the 6.4.
                        There not any more reliable than a 6.0.

That 6.7 is bad ***!
                        X2 6.7 is awesome

Comment

Originally posted by BadtotheBow View Post
                          I like my 6.7. Mileage isn't as great for me as some people claim. I get 12 mpg day to day and 15 on the highway. I don't baby mine either though. If I wanted mileage I would drive a half ton.
                          I've stopped and talked to a few folks with the 6.7 and this is right about what they are getting for mileage.

Comment

Originally posted by TheRealHatfield View Post
                            I love my 6.4 6" lift, 37" tires and average 19.8 mpg. But ive heard a lot of good things about the 6.7.
                            You must drive 37 mph on the highway

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                              You must drive 37 mph on the highway
                              DPF delete with SCT 9625. That's taking it easy, 17 mpg when I drive it hard. I try not to get on it too much.

Comment

Love my 6.7 2012 f350 dually 4wd I haul 200 gallons of fuel chipper knives tools n parts every day bith on n offrosd in bad conditions logging n still get 15.5 mpg. Truck is 7 months old with 47,000 miles only problem ive had is the fan clutch went out a week ago.

Comment

Working...
                                X