No announcement yet.

Millennials and liberals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Through the last few decades of hand holding, we have ended up with a large number of young people who have become accustomed to relying on technology and other people rather than themselves. They couldn't care less about most traditional values, because then they'd have to put forth an effort, and in some cases realize that their problems are their own doing. Dangle something "free" or "open minded" in their face and they'll go for it because they don't have to think. It's all about the instant easy gratification they grew up with. The left blows the right out of the water when it comes to pandering, so the results are no surprise.
    Last edited by jdg13; 11-07-2018, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Millennials aren’t new. They were called Hippies in the 60’s and Carpet Baggers in the 20’s and probably a different name before that. The pendulum is always swinging and every 30-40 years we get this ideology

Comment

They've been coddled their entire being, there's no desire to have independence.

*Not all of them.

Comment

Technically I’m a millennial although I certainly don’t identify or act as one. I think most millennial will change over time once they adapt to the real world but who knows. I hang out with mostly conservatives but do have some liberal acquaintances; their emotions drive the decision making process more than logical reasoning and they think life is all sugar and rainbows.

Comment

I'm glad you millennials chimed in. I know most people on TBH are conservative.

Back off on Black Ice - he prefers to be uninformed and not vote. That's better than being uninformed and voting. At least he acknowledges it.

Several of my in-laws are millennials who live in Dallas. They struggle holding down jobs and over the last 6 years have become increasingly liberal. Why not - they feed off the productive ones. The in-laws in the same age bracket in Dallas who held steady jobs are conservative. Coincidence??

Comment

I was born in '82 so I'm right at the beginning of the millenial group. I went back to college in my late 20's and some of the opinions I heard from younger kids make you shake your head. Once I was in the business building full time that changed, but you just hope some of these people gain some perspective as they get out of school and start working.

Comment

The Cabbage Patch doll generation.

The parents are to blame for raising and supporting their kids until the reach retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  Everyone keeps talking about libetals moving into the state but I believe the Millennials are the largest liberal voting block. Many youngsters I know were born and raised in Texas with conservative parents are voting liberal.

Thoughts?
                  Because that generation has been pushed into college more than prior generations, therefore giving the liberal professors access to their brains during those years.

Comment

Millennial here... no way could I ever vote democrat. I will always vote conservative. The problem with millennial’s is they grew up with a participation trophy and most believe they are entitled to things, such as healthcare and whatever else. This has created a sense of laziness within the age bracket that thinks government handouts are “free” and have no idea who pays for it, but if they looked at their paycheck and were informed, they would be furious about their earned money goes to paying for others laziness. When over 50% of the country benefits from some sort of government handout, they have no drive to better themselves and won’t ever change their mindset cause they aren’t gonna bite the hand that feeds. Education in schools is all left leaning even in the history books required for classes which attributes to grooming the ridiculousness of the generation. I also feel that the baby boomer generation is somewhat a contributing factor to this due to poor parenting and the loss of complete family units due to divorce and cottling of kids. Okay rant over.
                    Last edited by diamond10x; 11-07-2018, 09:49 AM.

Comment

Luckily, Gen Z is a different story

According to research, Gen Z is more individualistic, more conservative both socially and fiscally, and they’re already making waves of impact on our political system. Gen Z, those born in 1995 or later, is possibly the most conservative generation since World War II, and it is worrying that their impact has been completely overlooked during this election. While our fears might be preemptive, we should not make the mistake of disregarding the intriguing yet also possibly worrying world views of Generation Z.

Comment

No way imo this mess can be blamed totally on millennials alone. That’s a cop out and easy to point a finger at them. All of us in the baby boomer generation haven’t exactly left them allot to work with. Yes I am on the tail end of the baby boomers.

Comment

Originally posted by tps7742 View Post
                          No way imo this mess can be blamed totally on millennials alone. That’s a cop out and easy to point a finger at them. All of us in the baby boomer generation haven’t exactly left them allot to work with. Yes I am on the tail end of the baby boomers.
                          I agree... (speaking as GenX) Boomers have a lot more to do with this mess. They were handed a country on the road to the most prosperity in history, and they crapped and toked it away. then many of them went on to poison the minds of the Mils via "education", not to mention saddling them with $100K+ in debt for life via said "education."

Comment

I'm not a Millenial, but believe that the Democrats have appealed more to personal feelings and compassion. Rather than the Conservatives that are more about self improvement, and almost seen as greed.

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
                              Millennial here....it’s because of all those hippie teachers we had brainwashing us. Born in 87, leaned toward the dems until I was 19 or so and figuring out the world on my own. You would die if you heard all the bs they taught us. I should mention I had a public education.

Edit: typos
                              Bingo, The problem I the education system. Liberals have long known its where the ideology can take root under the premise of education and the sad part it is they can do it legally. Remember they have your kids for more hours of the day that you do! It will only get worse.

Comment

Another millennial here. Many people my age voted based on who they "liked", regardless of policy or platform. I've seen so many memes comparing Cruz to Grandpa Munster I've lost count.

Millennials like the idea of "free" and "fair", but don't realize nothing is free. Everyone is going to end up paying for it.

Comment

Working...
                                X