• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is the guy you are texting?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbad243 View Post
      Who is the guy you are texting?
      The lady that works in the model home. She’s the go between for the builder they won’t give you his number everything has to go through her. It’s ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by CSanders View Post
        The lady that works in the model home. She’s the go between for the builder they won’t give you his number everything has to go through her. It’s ridiculous.
        Then have your attorney send her a letter.

Comment

How close is the house to completion?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
            How close is the house to completion?
            99% we were supposed to close Friday

Comment

Then have your attorney send her a letter.

Comment

Do not know your current situation, but I would not pay. IF, they knew in advance it is their fault. I had issues with a floor guy, long story short he did not get paid. I know a difference circumstance, but if you can hold out. It would make me mad at the 2 options they were holding over your head. Would not close until it is fixed. By you closing I would assume that means you are happy with the work and they are not liable for anything after that.
                Last edited by txhunter90; 11-06-2018, 10:47 AM.

Comment

Who is the builder, so we know to stay away from him.

Sounds like some grade A bull****, if you as me...

Comment

Originally posted by hog_down View Post
                    Who is the builder, so we know to stay away from him.

Sounds like some grade A bull****, if you as me...
                    Eagle Point homes they build in the Baytown, Mont Belvieu area.

Comment

Electrical outlet in the electrical plan no, did they know days after sit down electrical plan red line meeting that power was needed yes.
                      So an outlet wasn't on the plan. Did you issue a change order for this work to include it on the plans? What does the Contract you signed say with regards to this added work?

That is the answer. And the answer may be if its not on the drawings, the contractor can't build it. If it's on the drawings (Not just talked about during a meeting), then the contractor missed it and should install it.
                      Last edited by WItoTX; 11-06-2018, 10:52 AM. Reason: .

Comment

99% we were supposed to close Friday
                        Are the exterior outlets and the power to the jacuzzi the only two outstanding items that need to be completed before closing on Friday?

Comment

Originally posted by JHT View Post
                          Are the exterior outlets and the power to the jacuzzi the only two outstanding items that need to be completed before closing on Friday?
                          They are working on some other small things but yes that’s pretty much it.

Comment

Do not close, if you do, you have no leverage. Make a backup plan

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

They are working on some other small things but yes that’s pretty much it.
                              Is the guy building your house the owner of the company?

Comment

Originally posted by WItoTX View Post
                                So an outlet wasn't on the plan. Did you issue a change order for this work to include it on the plans? What does the Contract you signed say with regards to this added work?

That is the answer. And the answer may be if its not on the drawings, the contractor can't build it. If it's on the drawings (Not just talked about during a meeting), then the contractor missed it and should install it.
                                No change order was issued, they didn’t say I needed one, they were satisfied with the pictures I sent and with giving them the installation instructions.

Comment

Working...
                                X