2 degree- and my wife KNOWS it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 degree- and my wife KNOWS it

Why is it that if I step outside and it is 68 or 70, my wife can’t tell a difference? But if the temp in my house is 2 degrees cooler, she is gonna detect it and I’m going to hear about it!

Our room is the oddball room in the house, always cooler in the winter and hotter in the summer. It was 70 everywhere else in the house after the front rolled through, 68 in our bedroom. She was scrambling for mittens and long johns last night and telling me to turn up the thermostat!

Originally posted by Playa View Post
    Why is it that if I step outside and it is 68 or 70, my wife can’t tell a difference? But if the temp in my house is 2 degrees cooler, she is gonna detect it and I’m going to hear about it!

Our room is the oddball room in the house, always cooler in the winter and hotter in the summer. It was 70 everywhere else in the house after the front rolled through, 68 in our bedroom. She was scrambling for mittens and long johns last night and telling me to turn up the thermostat!
    My wife keeps the thermostat @ 70 year round. And bitches about a $200+ electric bills
    I hate it that cold. I can't breathe.

Comment

I’m the one in my house that can tell. I keep my bedroom at 68 and my wife is always cold and I’m hot. I can tell when she moves it to 70.

Comment

My whole family likes 75 but I am still burning up at our compromise of 73

Comment

Thermostat set at 78-79 during the summer, 68 during the cold months. With that being said, this summer's electical bill highest was $391.00. I'd love to have a $200 monthly bill.

Comment

I keep mine set at 68 and if its one degree higher I'm waking up in the middle of the night wondering who touched the thermostat!

Comment

That is called marriage.

Comment

66 at night and 74 during the day. The in laws hate staying with us because of how cold I keep it. Wife loves it too though so no complaints.

Comment

Originally posted by zero-in View Post
                  Thermostat set at 78-79 during the summer, 68 during the cold months. With that being said, this summer's electical bill highest was $391.00. I'd love to have a $200 monthly bill.
                  78-79? Does you a/c ever even kick on? I'm calling my HVAC guy if it hits 74 in my house during summer.

Comment

Why is it when it's hot outside the woman wants the inside temp at 70 but when it gets cold outside she wants the inside temp at 80?

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                      I keep mine set at 68 and if its one degree higher I'm waking up in the middle of the night wondering who touched the thermostat!
                      This!!

Comment

Im with Riverrat on this one. Makes no sense

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
                          This ^^^^^^^plus ceiling fan and box fan on high. Start with sheet, blanket and then pull bed spread when you get cold. Perfect zzzzzz conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by zero-in View Post
                            Holy moly! You run it at 78-79 and STILL hit s bill of $391??? Is your house 5,000 sq. Ft.?

Comment

Originally posted by HillCoBowHunter View Post
                              66 at night and 74 during the day. The in laws hate staying with us because of how cold I keep it. Wife loves it too though so no complaints.
                              Same as us, Perfect sleeping temperature

Comment

Working...
                              X