Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good for you better safe than sorry

Comment

Bums me out to see people cheating. Especially after I bust my butt pack my stuff in and out. There are rules for a reason!

Comment

Did you tear down the 2x4 leanto?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post

Why would you do that? Is there a rule against it? someone was clearly hunting there. Im sure im missing something.

Comment

Is baiting illegal? Unfamiliar with the area, but report it to a Game Warden if it is.

Comment

We used to build and place pipe feeders and ladder stands in the national forests for years. Left them there year after year. I am sure lots of people used and hunted them and I know I hunted some that I found. Wasn't a big deal back then.

Then... a new generation came along that thought certain areas belonged to them and would argue over areas of the forests. Wardens then started enforcing the no baiting and permanent stand rules.

So yes.... people do it.
              People bait on private leases. So, what's a little hand corn hurt in the forests?
              Last edited by Bayouboy; 10-18-2013, 02:27 PM.

Comment

It happens. U used ur best judgement..

Comment

Originally posted by lesson 101 View Post
                  I didn't want to mess with someone else's pot. I just moved along. Wasn't far from the road either.
                  how i read it

Comment

As a Annual Hunting Permit kind of guy, the state regulations state you can bait deer and feral pigs during bow season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                      People bait on private leases. So, what's a little hand corn hurt in the forests?
                      I agree. I wouldn't tear down any stand either. Just walk on by and keep to your self.

Comment

Originally posted by mikerr View Post
                        As a Annual Hunting Permit kind of guy, the state regulations state you can bait deer and feral pigs during bow season.
                        Its not state its federal, been almost 20 years since i hunted it but you couldnt bait it then.

Comment

Guess I should have mentioned in the other thread. LOTS of area of the Thicket is close to homes and family. The kids, especially the Boy are growing up here and these woods are there back yard. They may have make shift club houses and forts. You knpw kids. Growing up like this is what all us city folk want for I kids but just can't. I'm not saying there isn't "havesting" by the local. But Tom Sawyer and friend live here. Behind Sourlake, you always hear kids playing when the weather is nice.

2x4 lean to, peanut butter war from the left over picnic the carried. Next time you run across something like that, be careful to not step in a homemade snare.
                          Last edited by Timemachine; 10-18-2013, 05:36 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            No I just left the area. Be my luck a game warden would see me do that and accuse me of it being mine.

Comment

Yea it wasn't none of my business to mess what someone else done but clearly in the regs state NO BAITING. Long as they don't bother me I'll keep to myself.

Comment

Once, We were pretty far down at creek before the suncame up. When it was just light enough to see, there was some movement to my right 75 yards way, second later 4 or 5 hog dogs went galloping across the creek. Odd thing is they were very quite and sniffing hard. Few seconds and they starting barking and running. Never saw or heard the owner.

Comment

Working...
                                X