Ringtail Cats in Attic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ringtail Cats in Attic

Wife heard some pitter patter in the attic the other day but we had no idea what it was. Just found out its a family of ringtail cats. Saw one getting in through a tiny hole in my soffet. Got up in the attic and could see at least three stick their heads up and pop back down to where I couldn't find them.Suckers are cool looking for sure! Main question, how do I catch them? I need them out of that attic so I can patch up this hole before they do any damage.

Live trap with some sardines

Comment

Raise one.

Comment

I just want them out of the attic! Not sure if they are know for causing damage like other animals that get in the attic or not. I will have to grab some sardines and see if that does it.

Comment

If you catch the family. I will take them off your hands, and raise them

Comment

I caught 2 young ones and the momma out my attic last year.
            I had 3 small live traps that I got from tractor supply. I think I baited with cat food, but yes sardines will be better.

Comment

I did pest control in Austin for a year! They will not eat sardines. Only fruit and nut trail mix!!!!! Will have to live trap them out 1 or 2 at a time. They don't chew but they crap a lot!!!! A lot!!!!lol

Comment

Sardines for coons and opposums....fruit n nut granola and or trail mix is what I had to use. Caught about 50 total

Comment

Anything you would bait a cat with, cat food, sardines, etc.

I personally would just crawl around up there with a .22 loaded w/ rat shot, quicker than waiting for them to go to the trap.

Comment

U can try sardines if u like. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by NAVY CHIEF View Post
                      I did pest control in Austin for a year! They will not eat sardines. Only fruit and nut trail mix!!!!! Will have to live trap them out 1 or 2 at a time. They don't chew but they crap a lot!!!! A lot!!!!lol
                      Sardines for coons and opposums....fruit n nut granola and or trail mix is what I had to use. Caught about 50 total

Thanks for the tip. I've always used live traps for coons and opossums with sardines, and has lots of luck. Just assumed it would work on ringtails also.

Comment

U can try sardines. They wouldn't eat them in Westlake hills. Lol

Comment

I suggest trail mix with raisins and berries

Comment

They are 100% nocturnal and as cute as they look they are like Tasmanian devils in the live trap....I relocated all of the ones I caught...

Comment

They are 100% nocturnal and as cute as they look they are like Tasmanian devils in the live trap....I relocated all of the ones I caught...
                              No doubt, daughter said she wanted to "domesticate" them, until she got too close to the trap.

Comment

Working...
                              X