I'm about ready for my luck to change!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm about ready for my luck to change!

Back in March, I was coming back from a job site, and was rear-ended. I was stopped in traffic, and saw the guy coming too fast behind me, and there was nothing I could do. His insurance was a pain to deal with, and I finally got my truck into the body shop on April 20th. Again, the insurance drug their feet and I didn't get my truck back until May 25th.

During that time, I was driving my dad's truck.

Out of habit, I took his truck to work on May 29th. I left work at my normal time, and got on the Westpark Tollway, just like every other day. Traffic is normally very slow, where I get on at Gessner. That day it was moving a little faster than normal, but slowed down to 20 mph before I even made it a half mile.

Apparently, the guy traveling 70 mph, behind me, didn't see brake lights, and plowed into the back of me. It pushed me about 20 feet, and I hit the lady in front of me.

As it sat, after he hit me. The trucks were stuck like two dogs; the wrecker had to pull them apart.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	20180529_161229.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	187.6 KB
ID:	25148142

His truck. There ain't no way they're going to fix his.

Name:	20180529_165823.jpg
Size:	244.3 KB
ID:	25148143

It crinkled the side of my bed.

Name:	20180529_175455.jpg
Size:	160.5 KB
ID:	25148144

The rear.

Name:	20180529_175519.jpg
Size:	232.2 KB
ID:	25148145

Bent the receiver down almost to the ground. Without it, I think it would have been much worse.

Name:	20180529_175525.jpg
Size:	235.7 KB
ID:	25148146

Folded the bed up, on the INSIDE.

Name:	20180529_164040.jpg
Size:	205.8 KB
ID:	25148147

I bumped the lady in front of me. It barely scratched her receiver, but did a number on my front bumper.

Name:	20180529_175442.jpg
Size:	208.0 KB
ID:	25148148

The wrecker driver said that since the truck is a 2008 (even though it only had 70,000 miles), will most likely be totaled; the frame is bent.

I was a little sore at first, but once the adrenaline wore off, I started hurting pretty bad. Tina took me to an urgent care center, shortly after I got home. They did a CT scan and said nothing was broke, but I had whiplash. Sent me home with Tylenol 4 and some muscle relaxers; neither of which has helped any. I've had a headache since last Tuesday, than isn't even phased by the Tylenol 4. The muscle relaxers don't do anything either.

This too shall pass, but what a pain in the rear!

Man you have had a run lately.

it is not quite the same, but had a 7-8 month run where I kept getting injured from random stuff..... Figured it has to turn up sooner rather than later.

You are due for an upswing

Comment

Man bud you are having a rough patch! Hope it turns for you soon. Keep your head up and keep on trucking, sorry had to do it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad your ok.

The exact same wreck happened to me last may, maybe not quite as fast but my pickup looked exactly the same. Kid in a F250 with a ranchhand bumper plowed into me while I was at a stand still. He was only going about 50 mph and I saw him just before he hit and braced for impact. That kind of instant force feels crazy. He launched me up into the guy in front of me. My pickup bed looked just like your, creased in the same spot, but it was still driveable. Just looking at it from the side you could tell the frame was bent as the truck looked bowed up in the middle. The first body shop I took it to, service king, estimated 5500 in damage. I didnt feel good about that and felt like for that dollar amount, the work may be shotty, so I took it to a small body shop run by an old family friend and they said it was totaled easily, said the frame was bent. Mine was a 2008 with 247k miles on it. Was pretty upset about it since the truck was still in great shape as I bought it new back in 08. When I checked new truck prices, I was floored.

Comment

Been there done that, got rear ended twice within 6 months in Houston and Alvin. First time was a 16 yr old girl hit me doing 40 while I was stopped at a red light, next time was downtown Houston on 59, I was stopped in traffic and a guy hit me doing about 15. Thank God I drive a big f250...

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
            Back in March, I was coming back from a job site, and was rear-ended. I was stopped in traffic, and saw the guy coming too fast behind me, and there was nothing I could do. His insurance was a pain to deal with, and I finally got my truck into the body shop on April 20th. Again, the insurance drug their feet and I didn't get my truck back until May 25th.

During that time, I was driving my dad's truck.

Out of habit, I took his truck to work on May 29th. I left work at my normal time, and got on the Westpark Tollway, just like every other day. Traffic is normally very slow, where I get on at Gessner. That day it was moving a little faster than normal, but slowed down to 20 mph before I even made it a half mile.

Apparently, the guy traveling 70 mph, behind me, didn't see brake lights, and plowed into the back of me. It pushed me about 20 feet, and I hit the lady in front of me.

As it sat, after he hit me. The trucks were stuck like two dogs; the wrecker had to pull them apart.
            [ATTACH]910339[/ATTACH]

His truck. There ain't no way they're going to fix his.
            [ATTACH]910340[/ATTACH]

It crinkled the side of my bed.
            [ATTACH]910341[/ATTACH]

The rear.
            [ATTACH]910342[/ATTACH]

Bent the receiver down almost to the ground. Without it, I think it would have been much worse.
            [ATTACH]910343[/ATTACH]

Folded the bed up, on the INSIDE.
            [ATTACH]910344[/ATTACH]

I bumped the lady in front of me. It barely scratched her receiver, but did a number on my front bumper.
            [ATTACH]910345[/ATTACH]

The wrecker driver said that since the truck is a 2008 (even though it only had 70,000 miles), will most likely be totaled; the frame is bent.

I was a little sore at first, but once the adrenaline wore off, I started hurting pretty bad. Tina took me to an urgent care center, shortly after I got home. They did a CT scan and said nothing was broke, but I had whiplash. Sent me home with Tylenol 4 and some muscle relaxers; neither of which has helped any. I've had a headache since last Tuesday, than isn't even phased by the Tylenol 4. The muscle relaxers don't do anything either.

This too shall pass, but what a pain in the rear!
            Prayers up for you bud hang in there when your down only way to go is up

Comment

Hang in there Kev! Praying for ya!

Comment

Hang in there Kevin. I live in Houston myself and got into a wreck 2 months ago. Yes it is a pain in the rear to deal with. Keep your head up. Its bound to happen to anybody in Houston.

Comment

I definately feel for you. But on the bright side I didn't see you commenting on the people not haven't insurance so that good things is that your insurance isn't going to get dinged for this.

2 years ago i was on my way to go fish at 5am in the morning. I was heading down 45s and a good that was still drunk, hit the concrete median and went perpendicular to 45. I slammed on my breaks and the guy behind me rear ended me. Overall there were 11 cars that ran into each other. The guy that went perpendicular with 45 drove off and no one got his licence plate. The lady that hit me was a nurse but she didn't have insurance on her vehicle and mine had to cover it.

Comment

Originally posted by alwaysinshorts View Post
                    I definately feel for you. But on the bright side I didn't see you commenting on the people not haven't insurance so that good things is that your insurance isn't going to get dinged for this.
                    When I called Tuesday night, and gave the rep his policy number, there was a long pause. Then she said, can you hold on a minute. My stomach turned; my immediate thought was that he didn't have insurance. When she came back to the phone, she read the number back to me, and she'd left out a 1. If I said I wasn't worried, I'd be lying.

Comment

On the bright side, you don't have to worry about anyone asking you for a ride, no one is going to want to get in a vehicle with you. Hang in there brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
                        On the bright side, you don't have to worry about anyone asking you for a ride, no one is going to want to get in a vehicle with you. Hang in there brother.
                        It's funny you say that!
                        Today is my first day back at work. My normal lunch buddy said to me, as we were walking out, "I think I'll drive"!

Comment

That does stink, glad you are okay and the wife and kiddo were not with you!!!
                          Odd your insurance company did not just fix your truck and then bill the other insurance company for dragging their feet......plus give u a rental instead of using your dads!!! Like you said, "this to will pass!!!"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                          X