living between seadrift and victoria/tivoli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

living between seadrift and victoria/tivoli

have a job opportunity in the area. any suggestions/comments on where to live or not live? what school do you think best for a 2nd grader? etc.

Have some friends who live in Seadrift, they seem fine with their elementary kids going there. Stay away from Bloomington. Victoria has some good and bad, all depends on which part of town you want to live.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
      Have some friends who live in Seadrift, they seem fine with their elementary kids going there. Stay away from Bloomington. Victoria has some good and bad, all depends on which part of town you want to live.
      This here^^^^

Definitely stay away from Bloomington.

Comment

I don't have kids so take this with a grain of salt. Was born and raised in Victoria though. If I did have kids I wouldn't send them to Bloomington, seadrift, or tavoli. ( personally don't like the towns). Seadrift has good fishing areas so it's not bad passing through but I Wouldn't live their full time. Victoria has some good schools. Inez which is between Victoria and Edna has a good school district. Edna has a good school district as well. The best elementary in the area would be Trinity Episcopal and it's located in Victoria. Private and expensive but top notch for learning from what I have been told from different teachers that I know.

Comment

seadrinft

thanks to all to contributed. exactly aligned with thoughts of a co-worker that lived in that area his whole life.

thank you

Comment

If I had to pick between those it would be seadrift, if you can stretch a little farther port oconnor is decent, can be a little pricy though with real estate. Another nomination with staying away from Bloomington, without going into much detail, I deal with that place more than I'd like to and it's nothing but trouble. There isn't much in Tivoli either. Not much more in seadrift, but they have a dollar store, few restaurants, gas station, storage, good fishing, and a guy named Hiep that sales a lot of seafood and gives me a lot of spray foam business lol. Port Lavaca is also in that area and has a lot of things for you

Banded Drake Custom Calls

Comment

Wherever you move down here get you a pair of Palacios Ropers, low top shrimpers boots and you will fit right in. Good luck.

Comment

Port o'connor

Comment

Where would you be working?

I’m in Victoria and drive to Gregory for work. My youngest goes to a private school so Victoria fits me fine. VISD is ok but you have to raise your kids right. If you expect the school district to do all the raising and discipline the. Yeah you may be in trouble! I know plenty of really good kids come out of VISD and have a great education and I know some that are awful but didn’t get much help at home either.

Comment

Originally posted by OleTomTalker View Post
                    yep

I'd also look into Port Lavaca and Inez

Comment

Working...
                    X