Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Savage model 10 fcp-sr

Thoughts?

My brother bought one last night in 6.5. After sighting in, he was hitting steel at 500 yds. Surprised me because generally he cannot hit the side the of a barn. He picked it up at academy for just under $800
    Last edited by IvoryRoot; 12-01-2017, 06:04 PM. Reason: Misspelled

Comment

I picked one up at academy for under 600 a little while ago, chambered in 308.
      Stock seems ok but all in all a decent rifle

Comment

Ive got the 6.5 in FDE and really like it.

Comment

I have one in a 6.5 Creedmoor. Replaced trigger with Timney, changed stock to Bell and Carlson. I hand load for it and with H4350 and Berger VLD Hunting it shoots .5 MOA

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20171204_124723.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	24522262

Broke down and bought it! Topped with a nikon 4.5-18×40. Shoots pretty good. Not much recoil. Only bad thing I've found so far is the magazine falls out when I shoot it! I got it where it'll stay in now, but a new 4 round mag is on the way. BTW, sand bags are much more stable than bi pods, but, it looks cool!

Shot it with 140gr ammo today. Gonna try some 129 gr and see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeter View Post
              [ATTACH]886370[/ATTACH]

Broke down and bought it! Topped with a nikon 4.5-18×40. Shoots pretty good. Not much recoil. Only bad thing I've found so far is the magazine falls out when I shoot it! I got it where it'll stay in now, but a new 4 round mag is on the way. BTW, sand bags are much more stable than bi pods, but, it looks cool!

Shot it with 140gr ammo today. Gonna try some 129 gr and see how it works.
              Make sure the part of the mag closest to the trigger guard is seated first and then rock it forward to lock the front. Mine has never failed but I make sure to seat it this way every time.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

had to bend the little tab on the back of the magazine just a tad, so it would catch better. its fine now. still want to use the 4 round mag. I really don't need a 10 round mag on a bolt action.

im gonna play with some different rounds, see how it shoots. I shot the federal soft point non typical ammo from academy. ($16/ box)

Comment

Working...
                X