No announcement yet.

Frio River Flow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone with a flow update, or lack of one? lol I'm heading there Monday. I don't plan on floating but will find a few swimming holes while there.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
      Anyone with a flow update, or lack of one? lol I'm heading there Monday. I don't plan on floating but will find a few swimming holes while there.
      Well when we were there in early June it was around 23-24 cubic feet and it sucked. Like mostly walking and dragging. The sight shows it below 20 now so I would imagine its pleasant!

Comment

Yes the Frio and Sabinal need water badly but the rains just keep on missing or it rains really hard and just runs off.

Comment

River flow at Concan - really low
          water, earth science, hydrology, hydrologic, data, streamflow, stream, river, lake, flood, drought, quality, basin, watershed, environment, groundwater, groundwater

Comment

Headed there Sunday for 8 days, looks like I'll find a drop hole with some cold beer

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Comment

Access water information and weather conditions in your neighborhood! A map viewer showing real-time water data collected at U.S.Geological Survey observation stations in context with weather-related data from other public sources.

Best site for river flows. All Texas rivers looking really bad, state needs some rain.

Comment

17.3 flow today. Please send some rain !!

Comment

hopefully they get some good rain before we get there labor day weekend

Comment

Frio River Flow

Originally posted by Johnny View Post

I went last weekend and they told us it was at least 50% walking so the group I went with decided to just set up a canopy and hangout in one spot in the river.
                    I would float down a little ways and then paddle back to the group hangout for a little bit and then do it all again but I’m not one for just sitting still all day....
                    The house our group rented had a pool but the river was nicer because the water was cooler.

We even got to listen to Shotgun Rider play some live music
                    Me with Shotgun Rider

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope they get some rain quickly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Heading that way Sunday. I'm not overly excited due to the bacteria talk and all.

Comment

We'll be there Wednesday through Sunday this week. Looks like We'll be siting in hole all week.

Comment

I was at a private ranch this weekend at the headwaters of the Frio north of Leakey. In over 40 years of going, I have never seen it like this. It was still flowing, but very very slowly....

Comment

Sounds like a lot of TBH is gonna be there next week.

We be leaving the 1st and staying 6 days. Staying at Nannas across from the park.

Comment

Originally posted by Backwoods101 View Post
                                Heading that way Sunday. I'm not overly excited due to the bacteria talk and all.
                                Where are you seeing/hearing of "Bacteria Talk"?

Comment

Working...
                                X